Author Topic: Dm10 alesis module  (Read 1201 times)

Dm10 alesis module
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »
Hello I'm new to the electronic drum game. I've had some issues with my dm10 false triggering. I've messed with the cross talk and sensitivity and threshold. I'm using ez drummer 2. I was curious if it would be better to use the ddrum or alesis trigger module?

Online Hellfire

Re: Dm10 alesis module
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »
Hello I'm new to the electronic drum game. I've had some issues with my dm10 false triggering. I've messed with the cross talk and sensitivity and threshold. I'm using ez drummer 2. I was curious if it would be better to use the ddrum or alesis trigger module?

If you have an original DM10 (and not the DM10 MKII module). Use this topic to help with your false triggering:

Setting Xtalk on the DM10

That should help.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 10:52:34 PM »
SO the issue im running into is the kick drum pad is super quiet. I've plugged it into other inputs (Ie snare, crash) and I have the same result. If I plug one of the toms into the kick I have almost no issues.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
If you've plugged the kick pad into another input and experience the same problem as well as plugging another pad into the kick input and experience no problems I would suggest there is a problem with the kick pad itself. Possibly a bad or failing piezo or perhaps the adhesive that holds it in place has let go and it has shifted off center or one of the wires is not soldered quite right. In either case, it's probably a simple fix by disassembling the kick pad and perhaps replacing or resoldering the piezo.
I've had to fix or replace them on my snare pad at least 3 times since it gets the most abuse as I play. Usually, in my case, it's just a wire has come off of the solder point.
One other thing to check before you disassemble it is have you tried switching a known working cable from the kick pad to the module?
I had an issue once where I thought one of my pads wasn't responding quite right and it turns out the cable had an issue. I swapped it out and it fixed the problem. Also check the physical jack on the kick pad for dirt/debris inside preventing a good contact with the cable jack.

Hope this helps.

Powerhouse
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:49:09 AM by powerhouse »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:41:52 AM »
SO the issue im running into is the kick drum pad is super quiet. I've plugged it into other inputs (Ie snare, crash) and I have the same result. If I plug one of the toms into the kick I have almost no issues.

Just so you know "super quiet triggering" is a lot different than "false triggering". That fact that you tried the trigger in different inputs and you get the same results proves it's a physical trigger issue and not a module issue.

Powerhouse has the definitive answer on this one.