Author Topic: Help.. What is the Right Way to add more pads and cymbals in DM10  (Read 1583 times)

Help.. What is the Right Way to add more pads and cymbals in DM10
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »
Hi every1, I'm planning to upgrade my DM-10 by adding some few pads and cymbals on it. Im also using Superior Drummer 3 as my VSt.
Is their any technicalities do i need to do? I already purchase an splitter for the pads and cymbals. Im not sure where to hook it up specially when mapping in Superior Drummer3..
Thanks for any1 could answer.. :)

Offline Chaser

Re: Help.. What is the Right Way to add more pads and cymbals in DM10
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
Hi every1, I'm planning to upgrade my DM-10 by adding some few pads and cymbals on it. Im also using Superior Drummer 3 as my VSt.
Is their any technicalities do i need to do? I already purchase an splitter for the pads and cymbals. Im not sure where to hook it up specially when mapping in Superior Drummer3..
Thanks for any1 could answer.. :)

One thing you may consider instead of splitting triggers is the Original DM10 module is one of the few modules that is expandable.You can access 35 additonal midi notes and also the ability to add more chokeable Cymbals,additional Hi hat etc simply by connecting a TMI like the Trigger IO or Ddrum DDTI.They are essentially the same.
The Trigger IO was discontinued and became the Ddrum DDTI which is still sold.
You'll also be able to assign the additional notes you need for VST without sacrificing triggers and be able to play some of the much larger kits in SD3

Check these topics
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=92.msg402#msg402
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=472.msg3840#msg3840
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:56:14 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
Men I got problem with the superior drummer 3. I got success on splitting additional pads but problem with the vst (Superior Drummer 3) I cant correctly map the additional pads. I used the Alesis Tom3 to split it by two "head and Rim" but I don't get the right placement or mapping in SD3.
is their anything I need to do in SD3?? :'(

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
Follow up Question..
So the main solution is to buy an I.O?? like you said??  if I'm hitting the floor tom 5 it will trigger same in the tom4, since I'm splitting the tom4 in to two. I cannot figure it out how to map it in the superior drummer 3. floor tom 4 & 5 has the same sound,, any solution??

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
You need to either map the module to the keymap you are using or use a keymap in SD3 from the MIDI In/E-Drums Settings page.
There is an Alesis Keymap/preset already but since you are splitting triggers you'll be creating a custom map/preset.
You can also do this with MIDI Note learn feature.

Check the SD3 manual..10. E-DRUM MAPPING

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 03:31:03 PM »
Man thank you for this information.. Its a great help!!I will check it tomorrow after my work..

Thanks A lot!!
Windel