Author Topic: dm10 kick pad problems.... helppppp  (Read 5152 times)

Offline H3RB

dm10 kick pad problems.... helppppp
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »
basically my kick pad stand keeps falling apart. the small black bolts that hold the 2 parts together keep on falling out and when they do the base becomes very unstable and rocks alot >:(
does that make sense? lol
how can i fix this? the bolts fall out 5 or 10 mins after playing then i have to stop because its unuseable :(
also the velcro on the stand is useless lol i finally got it to stick to my rug after hours of trying then the other day after the black bolts fell out the velcro pads stuck the carpet then detatched them selves from the base so my pad started jumping away from me with every hit.

any body else got any problems like this? if so how can i fix it? i dont have the tools/skills to build a better one nor the cash to buy a better one :-\
any help is great

Offline Guinness

Re: dm10 kick pad problems.... helppppp
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
Call Alesis and exchange for a new one?

I can only assume you've tighted the bolts and they keep unthreading?   That is bizarre.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
I can only assume you've tightened the bolts and they keep un-threading?   That is bizarre.

If that's the case, you could try ThreadLock or some fingernail polish. (Clear is preferred)

http://www.atomichobbies.com/Pacer-Z-42-Blue-Thread-Lock-2oz_p_557.html
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Pier

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:29:34 AM »
My bass drum pad never had any problems at all: no loose bolts or whatever.
Solid and sturdy, and well positioned on a carpet.
I agree that you should contact your local distributor... maybe there's a problem just with THAT pad

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »
I can only assume you've tightened the bolts and they keep un-threading?   That is bizarre.

If that's the case, you could try ThreadLock or some fingernail polish. (Clear is preferred)

http://www.atomichobbies.com/Pacer-Z-42-Blue-Thread-Lock-2oz_p_557.html
I had an issue with a bolt coming loose. I just used a lock washer and haven't had a problem since. I hope that helps.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
nice one ill try a the washer idea and some thread lock/nail varnish :D hopefully that will work. i cant send the pad back because ive done the mesh head mod on it lol so warrenty has gone. thanks for the ideas.