Author Topic: Billy Blast Mesh Heads Should I go with Patch or No Patch?  (Read 3019 times)

Hi Guys,

Im wanting to convert my Dm10 Studio kit to mesh like others here have done.  My question is should I go with the mesh heads that have a patch or no patch.  I know that in the Video Hellfire uses the ones without a patch but I didnt know if that was because he got them before Billy Blast released the patched ones or if there was  an another reason.

Thanks.

Offline Guinness

Re: Billy Blast Mesh Heads Should I go with Patch or No Patch?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:59:41 PM »
I went with patch.  the patch helps with the life, and it looks good.  (See my kit in hellfire's DIY mesh thread).

But the patches do eventually come off.  Last week, i pull them off my three toms, as a 1/4 of them was peeling up.  My snare head already failed, and have since replaced with Roland.  Eventually, I replace the whole kit with roland heads.

Offline ghostman

Re: Billy Blast Mesh Heads Should I go with Patch or No Patch?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
I think the patch adds to acoustical stick noise.  I vote no-patch.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.