Author Topic: Could someone with a DM10 studio or Pro check something for me please  (Read 2024 times)

My Hi Hat pedal is currently in pieces (yeah I know, it voids the warranty :o), so if one of you could check something for me I would appreciate it. When you hit the hi hat with the pedal fully closed, and then let up on the pedal a bit does it turn into a slosh type sound?

Trying to figure out a way to mod my real hi hat stand with existing parts from the pedal. If it does make the slosh sound the placement will be between the cymbals, and if not the placement will be near the pedal. Either way I'll post pics if I come up with a successful solution.

But just in case... Off to radio shack to pick up a few different styles of 100k pots ;)

Thanks

Offline H3RB

im sure i was messing with this the other day, i hit the hi hat with the pedal up and the sound gradually changed then i tried doing the reverse by hitting the hat then lifting the pedal and it did nothing at all just the normal closed hat sound

Thanks H3RB, guess I'll plan on the pedal then. Was kinda hoping it could be a workaround for not having a 2 zone hi hat, but guess we'll have to wait and hope alesis puts out a firmware update for that.