Author Topic: Questions about the DM10  (Read 2674 times)

Questions about the DM10
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:25:47 AM »
Hello DMdrummer community,

Im new to this Forum because i cant find any answers on the internet about the dm10 pro kit set or the modul at all.

So i registered here to find answers and maybe buy a dm10 pro kit in the near future :>

I just start with my first question.

1. The surge cymbals are looking great and i read that they feel really realistic. But they seem to be much louder than my Rubber cymbal pads. Can anyone tell me if they are really much louder ?

2. How many extra pads can i add to the dm10 modul?

3. Is it possible to use a double base pedal with the kick pad?

4. I have read that alesis had trouble with the triggering on their older moduls. How is the triggering with the dm10 modul? is there any latency when playing?

I would appreciate it if you answer all of my questions :)
Friendly Greetings
Skuzzdrum

Offline ungoliant

Re: Questions about the DM10
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:49:43 AM »
Hi Skuzzdrums and welcome to the forum !

1) The surge cymbal are effectively louder : it is mainly the stick sound that is annoying and i find it is more annoying on the hi-hat than crash/ride (because the hi-hat is more often played in patterns). But the feel is great, so you have to choose beetween realism and stick sound.

2) you can add 3 extra pads (4 if you just use ride without 3 zone mode)

3) double bass is totally possible (and recommended) and it is more playable with low noise after mesh head conversion. You may have to adjust a little the rack to place double pedal and hi hat controller. (see in my lobby thread)

4) no latency when playing, pure sound with lots of parameters to modify triggering, sensitivity, crosstalk, pitch, velocity, etc ......

Have fun !

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
Hi Skuzzdrums and welcome to the forum !

1) The surge cymbal are effectively louder : it is mainly the stick sound that is annoying and i find it is more annoying on the hi-hat than crash/ride (because the hi-hat is more often played in patterns). But the feel is great, so you have to choose beetween realism and stick sound.

2) you can add 3 extra pads (4 if you just use ride without 3 zone mode)

3) double bass is totally possible (and recommended) and it is more playable with low noise after mesh head conversion. You may have to adjust a little the rack to place double pedal and hi hat controller. (see in my lobby thread)

4) no latency when playing, pure sound with lots of parameters to modify triggering, sensitivity, crosstalk, pitch, velocity, etc ......

Have fun !
I agree with ungoliant and BTW welcome to the forum Skuzzdrums.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I agree as well.  Take a peek at my kit and you'll see how I have the double kick pedal and hi-hat pedal set up.  Works pretty good.  http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=209.15

Also, the DM10 is expandable beyond 4 pads...   Isn't it 35 (with another module)?

I really like the feel of surge cymbals.   But agree, stick noise is pretty high.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »
thank you for the answers and for the nice welcome :>

You guys made a good job and supportet alesis :P
Because i just ordered a dm10 kit :)

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »
I'm glad you ordered one, it's the best kit for value on the market, IMHO.  I went with the studio because of the lessened cymbal noise for my son.  I also bought a double bass pedal, but am only setting up one until he gets better with the hat. Finally, latency is extremely low.  We're having a blast.