Author Topic: DM10 - High Demand  (Read 22601 times)

Offline ghostman

Re: DM10 - High Demand
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
Thanks Dan!

I am not frustrated (yet!!) but it's great to have someone we can bounce questions off you.  I have a friend who's in the industry, and he's testing the DM10, he likes it a lot, and is seriously considering replacing one of his TD-20's with one.  That's pretty impressive, IMHO.  It just makes me want one sooner!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 02:18:27 AM »
Thanks for info Dan. I've placed my preorder for my DM10 Studio kit and I am all kinds of excited about receiving it. One thing I've been wondering about but couldn't find any information is will Alesis be offering the 10" pads for sale separately in the future? I'm sure I will want to change out one of the 8" pads in the studio kit to a larger 10" one at some point.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 05:10:25 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm really sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing longer-than-expected wait times. I can definitely understand your frustration. Here is the scoop.

We just received a shipment of DM10 Pro Kits and they have shipped out to retailers worldwide. Our factory is finishing up a large run of DM10 Studio Kits right now and then they will switch back to DM10 Pro Kits. We have seen tremendous demand for both the the DM10 Studio Kit and the standalone DM10 since their introduction at the NAMM Show, hence the production focus on them over the DM10 Pro Kit right now.

The DM10 and associated kits are the highest-end drums gear we've ever made, and we feel that it's really important that we get each one perfect. We have introduced some extra quality assurance checks along the line in both the module and pad production to ensure that everything is right. While the wait may be unpleasant, we'd rather get it right than risk shipping something that could fail or be otherwise inconsistent with your expectations.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Sincerely,
Dan Radin
Alesis Drums
PERSONALLY ITS NICE TO SEE A COMPANY TAKING THE EXTRA PAINS TO ENSURE A QUALITY PRODUCT AND NOT CUTTING CORNERS TO MAKE MONEY OVER THE CUSTOMER IVE BEEN A LONG TIME ALESIS USER AND  LOOKING TOWARD THE NEW TECH STUFF YOU COME UP WITH IN THE FUTURE AS BAD AS I WANT THE DM10 MOD. I WILL WAIT PAITENTLY UNTIL THEN ILL TREAD ON WITH THE DM5. TY DAN FOR BEING A VIOCE IN OUR FORUM AND KEEPING US IN THE LOOP
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline Guinness

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »
Excellent.  Where do we purchase these components?  I've been looking for a DMPad 12" Crash – single zone with choke. The distributor's sites i've looked at, and Alesis's, don't offer.  The distributor's sites just offer Roland it seems.

Will this be available from an Alesis virtual storefront?

Thanks Dan.

( this would make for a good new thread..  "Alesis Components".  Hellfire, can you move individual posts?)

Alesis

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 01:28:57 PM »
Guinness, these are available through all Alesis retailers. What we have in stock now is on Alesis.com – the DMPad Kick Pad, DMHat Pedal, DMPad 8" Single and Dual-Zone Pads. Since these were all introduced at the NAMM Show in late January, it might take our dealer network a little while to get these all built into their systems.

The best thing you can do to push this forward is call or email your dealer and ask when they'll have these items in stock. They're much more likely to set up and order them if they get the sense from you that they'll have demand from drummers.

Best,
Dan

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
Excellent.  Where do we purchase these components?  I've been looking for a DMPad 12" Crash – single zone with choke. The distributor's sites i've looked at, and Alesis's, don't offer.  The distributor's sites just offer Roland it seems.
heres a link to smart trigger which make them for alesis and pearl you can purchase them directly...http://www.smartrigger.com/purchase.html

Alesis

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »
WOUND4SOUND –

Just to clarify, we make SURGE Cymbals. SURGE Cymbals employ a design that is patented by Smartrigger. Smartrigger is not involved in SURGE Cymbal production and there is no relationship between Smartrigger and DMPad Cymbals.

Have a nice weekend,
Dan

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
WOUND4SOUND –

Just to clarify, we make SURGE Cymbals. SURGE Cymbals employ a design that is patented by Smartrigger. Smartrigger is not involved in SURGE Cymbal production and there is no relationship between Smartrigger and DMPad Cymbals.

Have a nice weekend,
Dan
sorry about that dan i misread that on there site (Hande made Smartrigger branded Cymbals can be purchased direct from the factory using our online store. Alesis Surge cymbals are available as 12" single zone hi hat (top only), 13" single and dual zone crashes, and 16" dual and tree zone rides. They are manufactured under license from Smartrigger and available from Alesis dealers worldwide) either way there a great product. you have a great weekend also dan

dan
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:02:55 PM by WOUND4SOUND »

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »
That is excellent news Dan, thanks for the info!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »
Dan-

You're "the Dan" that's was demo'ing the DM10 at winter NAMM?

Offline ghostman

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
Speaking of drumkit components - where will we be able to buy the HighDef drumkits from Toontrack, FXPansion, etc.?  When they become available, that is.  And if you have a possible time line f when we might see some?  Not that I am in a hurry, I don't even have my DM-10 module yet!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Alesis

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
Guinness – yep. I'm he... him? I'm that guy.

Ghostman – I actually just got off a phone call on that topic. I should have more info mid next week. Some very cool stuff happening backstage.  :)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »
Guinness – yep. I'm he... him? I'm that guy.

Cool!  now we can make fun of your Acting Skills... not to mention your grammer.  LOL    ;D

Alesis

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 02:38:42 AM »
G – bring it.  8)

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 04:55:51 AM »
I don't know if this is any help to anyone, but there does not seem to be a shortage of the DM10 Pro kit in the UK (I get the impression most people here are in the US?).

If you really can't wait and would pay the extra delivery, perhaps importing from the UK is an option? Also, from what I've read, I think they are cheaper over here. I've seen them as low as £829, and given the current GBP / Dollar exchange rate you may get a better deal by importing???

Google Alesis DM10 .co.uk and see what you find. If you have no luck, let me know and (if its not against forum rules) I'll post some URL's to UK retailers that have the kit in stock.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
Thanks Bob.  Rub it in.  while you're at it, pour some salt in..

j/k.  nice to know, but I've already pre-ordered.

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »
Thanks Bob.  Rub it in.  while you're at it, pour some salt in..

j/k.  nice to know, but I've already pre-ordered.

Sorry Ghostman,

I hope you are j/k'ing  :D, I didn't mean to be anything else other than helpful. If US drummers can buy from the UK and import for the same (or less) than you can get in the US AND get it sooner then why not. But if you have pre-ordered then I guess I'm of no help. It is worth the wait though.

For info.......I'm having to wait to get my DM-10 module exchanged due to a minor (but irritating) fault.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
For info.......I'm having to wait to get my DM-10 module exchanged due to a minor (but irritating) fault.

Interesting.. care to share?

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
nothing major......

When powering up the unit with the 2 x ride cables connected, you get a constant roll / swell from the ride and you can see that the trigger is being activated on the display.

Workaround: Switch the module on with the 2 x ride cables disconnected. Once it has initialised (or I should say initialized :-) ) plug them back in and job done.

Also, occasionally the crash does not trigger.

Hopefully the new module will fix it (Alesis are replacing the 16" ride too, just in case)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »

Will this be available from an Alesis virtual storefront?

Thanks Dan.

( this would make for a good new thread..  "Alesis Components".  Hellfire, can you move individual posts?)
It has been moved and made a sticky for now. The topic is called "Alesis eDrum Components" and it is under the Drum module cat for now. I might move it, I just don't know right now. Let me know guys if you think it would fit better under another category.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 02:49:37 AM »
G – bring it.  8)

So, when you were shaving you thought THOSE sideburns would be a good idea?  Really?  Your wife thinks that's ok?  Oh wait, you're in Rhode Island, never mind.  I totally understand.   ;D

Offline Guinness

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »
Ok... so is Eric your boss, or are you his?

If you're his, you might suggest to NOT wear a Vest suit.  LOL ... just kidding.   ;D

Alesis

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »
G – I'm based in L.A. and my wife requires the sideburns.  :-*
Neither Eric nor I report to the other.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
This thread has bounced around, but getting back to "DM10 - High Demand"...  FYI.  According to AMS, they have 16 DM10 Studio's on order.  I'm number 7 on the list.  I don't know if the remaining 9 have homes or not.

Hopefully, Alesis will be able to fill the order.  Expected date is now March 16th.

Offline goony

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »
Im still having trouble locating a dealer near me here in UK, I live a few minutes away from Lincoln and nearest dealer that has a demo DM10 pro kit is still nearly 2 hours drive away :(
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275