Author Topic: DM10 - High Demand  (Read 22670 times)

Offline Guinness

DM10 - High Demand
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
Well, I placed my order yesterday for DM10Studio 'cause I saw that zzsounds.com had estimated delivery date of March, after it had been mid-february two days before.  So, I went to AMS and thier date was still Feb.  So, i ordered, thinking I'd get in on that earlier shipment.  Turns out, AMS is now showing a March 16th date.

This tells me Alesis isn't keeping up with demand and a lot of people are ordering DM10 kits.  It's good that there is high-demand for this product, but it sucks if you want it now and have to wait.

FYI for those that want it.  You may decide (like me) to pre-order to get in, the apparently long, line.

Offline eugenecp

Re: DM10 - High Demand
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:18:25 PM »
AMS had it back to Feb 14 shipping.  just talked to their CS and there's a small shipment coming in to serve the initial pre-orders in 1 to 2 weeks.  hopefully they come in early, and shorten the agonizing wait :(
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
Good to know.  Hopefully, I made that list of "pre-orders".

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
Sweetwater lists them as being confirmed coming in the next day or so. Has anyone dealt with Sweetwater? I'm considering ordering a set myself.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:49:36 AM »
Sweetwater lists them as being confirmed coming in the next day or so. Has anyone dealt with Sweetwater? I'm considering ordering a set myself.
That is where I purchased mine. Good company.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:34:11 PM »
I've seen Sweatwater mentioned in a lot of edrum threads.  When I checked there last week (or maybe it was a couple of weeks ago), they didn't have the DM10STUDIO listed as an item.

but ya, good company.  If they have it, get it from them...   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:41:21 PM by Guinness »

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 05:22:55 PM »
Thanks guys! I talked to my new personal sales engineer A.J. at Sweetwater and placed my order. I'm pretty happy with their service so far. A.J. was knowledgeable and just pushy enough to be a great salesperson. :D Now I just wish my order would show up in their website order tracking so I could keep tabs on it.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »
I've ordered my DM-10 (module only) last night from RMC..  hoping it comes soon.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »
Well I just got off the phone with A.J. at Sweetwater and apparently the orders that were supposed to come in early February were never even shipped.  >:( Alesis has given late March as an availability date. So I guess it's a wating game now.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:48:46 AM »
On Sweetwater's site:

"Alesis has informed us that this item has an unusually long shipping delay. Be assured we'll get it as quick or quicker than anyone else. Call your Sales Engineer, who can give you the most up-to-date details and possibly offer you alternatives that would ship sooner. We have a great relationship with Alesis and we'll receive this item as soon or sooner than anyone else in the country. We have the best service team in the industry, and free tech support for everything we sell. Call now. We promise you'll have it soon. "

I was actually considering cancelling my order with AMS and going through Sweetwater... until I saw the above message.

i called AMS.  They have 8 units coming in next week.  I'm #8 on that list.

::fingers crossed::
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:58:01 PM by Guinness »

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 01:18:13 PM »
On Sweetwater's site:

i called AMS.  They have 8 units coming in next week.  I'm #8 on that list.

::fingers crossed::

in that case, i should be something like #6 or #7 in that list :)  that is if i got in before you.

on another note, ordered the billyblast mesh heads last night (1x10, 5x8).  guess i'll get them ahead of the kit :).
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »
Hmmm I was thinking of doing that Billy Blast mesh head mod myself. I'd be interested when you get them of what you think of the quality/durability of the mesh. For the price they look pretty nice from what I can see and what Hellfire posted, but I'd value another opinion.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
I've ordered my DM-10 (module only) last night from RMC..  hoping it comes soon.

Erik answered me and said it should be shipping in 2-3 weeks.  I hope Alesis wasn't just feeding him a line!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »
Alesis clearly underestimated demand for the DM10 Studio.  the module and prokit are both instock at AMS.  So, it's not a module delay.  it's high demand for the studio version.   I bet they are kicking themselves for the $999 price point.  They could have charged a few more hundred $'s and then be able to keep up with demand.  Then in a few months, drop the price down to $999 to capture the "inexpensive" market.

Anyways...  I'm super psyc'd about it.  I can't wait to put this kit together, plug it in, tweeking, and then start playing!

Patience is a virtue, or so they say.   :P

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »
Well, newest update from Sweetwater is that their next shipment from Alesis will be April 1st.  At this rate we won't be tweakin, playing and moddin until this summer.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »
Well, newest update from Sweetwater is that their next shipment from Alesis will be April 1st.  At this rate we won't be tweakin, playing and moddin until this summer.
I don't know if this is really contributing to the DM10 high demand thing, but keep in mind the Pearl R.E.D. box is basically a DM10.

For those who don't know, Pearl has released the new Pearl ePro drums and it module is called the R.E.D. Box which is very similar (if not the same) to the Alesis DM10. Chances are that the manufacture is trying to make both which cuts the availability of each unit in half. Again, I don't know if this is the case. I am only speculating.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
I don't know if this is really contributing to the DM10 high demand thing, but keep in mind the Pearl R.E.D. box is basically a DM10.

For those who don't know, Pearl has released the new Pearl ePro drums and it module is called the R.E.D. Box which is very similar (if not the same) to the Alesis DM10. Chances are that the manufacture is trying to make both which cuts the availability of each unit in half. Again, I don't know if this is the case. I am only speculating.

Anyone know the availability of the Pearl kits?  I know they aren't selling the module by itself, yet.  Just wondering!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
ORDER UPDATE

FYI.  For some dumbass reason, AMS cancelled my order.  I was less than pleased.  I called and inquired.  Communication error on their part.  In return for their error, they gave me free 2nd day shipping.  So, that's good.

They ordered about 15 kits.   Alesis is sending them 1.  Yes, ONE:o i'm still #8 in line, but they don't have an estimated ship date.

She offered me a DM10 Pro for $1325-ish.  I told her if we were in the $1200 range, I'd consider it.  She told me, "well, we can't do that.  That's below our inventory cost."   I'm a bit surprised that this distributor is only making 17%-ish margin.  But perhaps that's normal in the music instrument distribution industry.

So, whom ever is #1 in line will be getting their kit.  The rest of us will be waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Phil, you have contacts at Alesis right?  I'm sure they monitor this forum, however...  Would you mind sending your contact(s) a message highlighting a link to this forum thread?  I'd like to see (official or unoffical) comments from Alesis on this subject.

Poor distributors have limited information and are at the mercy of Alesis.  I've written them and received no response.  I'd be cool if they could comment on this forum, to obvious fans of Alesis.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »
Phil, you have contacts at Alesis right?  I'm sure they monitor this forum, however...  Would you mind sending your contact(s) a message highlighting a link to this forum thread?  I'd like to see (official or unoffical) comments from Alesis on this subject.
You have the same ability as I do to contact Alesis. As they are a member of DMdrummer.com. Anybody can PM Alesis and ask them.

Poor distributors have limited information and are at the mercy of Alesis.  I've written them and received no response.  I'd be cool if they could comment on this forum, to obvious fans of Alesis.
Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I remember an Alesis comment on one of those NAMM videos on youtube about a Q2 release. If that is the case it is still Q1.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
ORDER UPDATE

FYI.  For some dumbass reason, AMS cancelled my order.  I was less than pleased.  I called and inquired.  Communication error on their part.  In return for their error, they gave me free 2nd day shipping.  So, that's good.

sorry to hear about that.  they have not cancelled my order though and don't know when to expect delivery :(.

Alesis

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm really sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing longer-than-expected wait times. I can definitely understand your frustration. Here is the scoop.

We just received a shipment of DM10 Pro Kits and they have shipped out to retailers worldwide. Our factory is finishing up a large run of DM10 Studio Kits right now and then they will switch back to DM10 Pro Kits. We have seen tremendous demand for both the the DM10 Studio Kit and the standalone DM10 since their introduction at the NAMM Show, hence the production focus on them over the DM10 Pro Kit right now.

The DM10 and associated kits are the highest-end drums gear we've ever made, and we feel that it's really important that we get each one perfect. We have introduced some extra quality assurance checks along the line in both the module and pad production to ensure that everything is right. While the wait may be unpleasant, we'd rather get it right than risk shipping something that could fail or be otherwise inconsistent with your expectations.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Sincerely,
Dan Radin
Alesis Drums

Online Hellfire

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »
Thanks Dan for the update. I can honestly say that I'm happy that Alesis has a presence here at DMdrummer.com and being able to give us updates on your guys products is great. Thanks again Dan.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
Thank you for responding Dan!  As you can see, there's significant demand for this new product.  I personally have turned on at least two other prospective buyers onto the DM10 (away from Yamaha).  I am quite enthusiastic.

If possible, would you keep us apprised on general order fulfillment?  Or perhaps get shipping dates out to your distributors, so for those that pre-ordered, we may get a reliable ship date?

Again, I appreciate you filling us in, and your time.

Alesis

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »
Guinness & Hellfire –

Happy to be onboard and I genuinely appreciate your support and enthusiasm. It truly means a lot to those of us who turn ideas into instruments.

Ground rules
1. I can not and will not talk about, confirm, or deny any new or future product developments or updates before they are public.
2. As frustrating as it may be, I unfortunately do not have much visibility into distribution and order fulfillment. I can make suggestions to the people in charge of those functions, but please understand that I simply have limited impact over distribution and I aim to focus my energy where it can have the most impact.
3. I can not honestly say that I can be in here reading every single post, but do feel free to reach out via PM if you need some input. I am happy to take your feedback and suggestions on ways we can refine our gear or new areas we could look at, but please understand that any ideas or submissions you provide become Alesis property.

I will try to be the best advocate for you and all drummers everywhere. I will fill you in on any inside scoop I can, but we need to play be the rules I've laid out above. Cool?

I want to change the electronic drumset from a sound-reducing compromise or practice tool into a legitimate instrument of its own. In the same way that electronic keyboards and electric guitars are seen as alternates in keyboardists' and guitarists' instrumental palettes, I think we can do the same with drums.

Thanks for listening,
Dan

Online Hellfire

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
Sounds good to me Dan.

Just to let everyone else know, that a very similar post by Dan (Alesis) has been made a "sticky" and a "Locked" topic under the Lobby area by me. Titled Hello and Ground Rules

I think it is also important to remind people that Alesis does not run this forum. Dan (Alesis) is like any other member here. He just happens to work for Alesis. Please keep this post in mind anytime you address Alesis. I don't think anything Dan laid out is asking too much.

Thanks everybody. :)