Author Topic: Trigger iO reverse engineering  (Read 7507 times)

Offline DeeDubs

Re: Trigger iO reverse engineering
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »

In my experience in the proprietary software/hardware field, I'm shocked that you guy's haven't been slapped with a Cease and Desist letter! Some might say "homebrew" or hacks are bad...I disagree.

So do I. The good news is that companies are beginning to realize that homebrew hackers, diy-ers and open source people are  driving sales, and creating new demand for products. Take for instance the Linksys WRT wireless routers.. Open source projects like DD-WRT have created whole new markets for these products that would have been untapped otherwise, and in the process have also done the R&D legwork of discovering 'what the end users want.'

I very much hope Alesis takes this path.
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Alesis

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »
I haven't forgotten about this and the DM10 sysex app. Picking my spots carefully.

Also, there are no C&Ds forthcoming.  :)

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
blessed be the breadboarders and hackers!
bEEN A LOT OF REALLY COOL DEVELOPMENTS THAQT WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT YOU GUYS.

please KEEP US POSTED

Sorry - capslock thing is a combination of arthritic hands and I cant touch type