Author Topic: Alesis Sample rack  (Read 922 times)

Alesis Sample rack
« on: November 07, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »
Has anyone tried the Sample Rack?
if so what are your thoughts?
I know you can use an SD card (up to 32 GB) but I don't think that would be enough to add more than a few kits from VSTs, if that is even possible..
At $200 if it ever comes back in stock if it can play multi layer samples then it would be the module to get (at least to expand on current configuration).
does anyone have better info?

Re: Alesis Sample rack
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:02:55 AM »
I picked one up for $80...

Haven't messed with it too much..

Re: Alesis Sample rack
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:42 AM »
After some digging I found out that for some reason Alesis seems to have discontinued it, but they still show it in their website...  I guess they believe that it would be competition to their entry level drumsets, meaning, why would they sell the module when they can sell a full drumset... but maybe i' m wrong.  I like to support Alesis only because I don't want Roland to have a monopoly. I do own Alesis products (DM5, Alesis I/O, Alesis DRP 100 headphones) but their quality seems to be on par with their price, I love the look of the strike pro, I like the ability to load vsts but I can't see myself spending the money on an unreliable set, and the loading times on that module are a deal breaker as well. Until Alesis improves their quality, I will not spend that much.
That said, the headphones are great for E-drums, they are not like your typical Beats (bass heavy) their response is very flat, but that makes them excellent for monitoring as well, the issues with losing sound are due to poor soldering , simple opening the ear pieces and adding proper amounts, I still have had no problems in 5 years of owning them but a lot of other people seem to have faults on theirs, again Alesis needs to do better.  who wants to have to fix something brand new to make it work properly? They can really take Roland's business if they wanted to.