Author Topic: Cover: Bad Company's Shoot Star (+ a bit of Back in Black)  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Guinness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN22QWdCV4k

Yup, made another video.  This is really feeding my narcissism.   :D   Actually, this was shot and recorded when I did "The Jack"...  Friday night - super tired.

Anyways...  Comments welcome.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:41:56 PM by Guinness »

Offline Guinness

Re: Cover: Bad Company's Shoot Star (+ a bit of Back in Black)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:42:41 PM »
Actually, the video may be blocked. I just got notice from youtube.  Copywrite blather.   Please let me know if you can see this video or not.

Offline Pier

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »
Clicking on the link you provided, I got an Italian writing (of course...) stating that "the video owner blocked its vision due to WMG copyright contents violation", or something similar.
Anyway: there's no video

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
I deleted it.  Uploading a different version now.  MAYBE this will work.  If not, oh well.  :)

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
Yea!  It uploaded.   ;D

But Boo..  audio has been muted.  Copywrite blather again.   >:(

Oh well...

Offline H3RB

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
Yea!  It uploaded.   ;D

But Boo..  audio has been muted.  Copywrite blather again.   >:(

Oh well...

there is a way to get your audio back by filing a dispute to youtube stating some article from the 70's ill find the tut and post it here as i used to use it all the time when my audio got muted ;D

Offline H3RB

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »
heres the tut, as i say it should work as ive used it a fair few times:
For many of us, making our own music for a video is a bit difficult. For that reason, we have to resort to using other people's music in our videos. YouTube seems to be against this, because technically, we do not own the rights. HOWEVER, there was a copyright act put in place about 30 years back, that allows us to beat the system. Just follow these simple steps to get your audio back in working order.

How to Get Your Audio Back

When you upload a video that contains audio licensed by another party, you will receive a message similar to the following on your account homepage:

"You have videos that may contain content that is owned by someone else. Please review these videos."

Follow the link that says these videos. It will bring you to a new page that contains a list of your own videos with content that matched someone elses. There should be a button on each video in this section, that says "Resolve Copyright". Click it, and it will bring you to a new page. This page will basically tell you the content is owned by someone else.

At the bottom, there is a link that says "Learn more about the dispute process". Click it. Read the new page if you wish to understand it a bit more, if not, scroll down and click the link saying "Take me to the dispute form."

Once you get there, there are a few options to choose from. You want to choose option number 2, and copy and paste the following into the text box provided.

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Make sure to include the quotes.

There are a few other things to fill out on this page, so take the extra 10 seconds and do so. Provide them with a first and last name. The dispute process is completely private, and your information will be safe. Once you have filled it out, hit "Continue". A new page will pop up, once you have read it, click "Submit Dispute".

Your audio should come back in 2-3 minutes.

*This method works 99% of the time, there are a few songs that you will not be able to get back.

**This method will NOT work, if you are intending on profitting off of the video, ie YouTube partner.

***In the unlikely event it does not bring your audio back because you have swapped it already, or
something along those lines, simply reupload, and follow the process when it tells you the audio is copyrighted.

maybe this could be sticked or something

Offline Guinness

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »
Done and submitted.  Thanks.

I gotta run, but will be back in a couple of hours.  I'll check to see if it worked then.  Thanks again H3RB.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
just watched the vid, it worked ;D again pretty damn good, had back in black stuck in my head all day for some reason then u go post a cover of itm get out of my head! lol  one thing i would say tho is maybe turn the hi hat up a little as its a tad hard to heard when the snare is being played most times.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:22:58 PM by H3RB »

Offline Guinness

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »
Strange that you could see it.  It still says:

Your dispute is still awaiting a response from these content owners:   
  • Content owner: WMG Type: Audio content [/l][/l]
Yes...  the mix isn't that great.  I'm not sure why, as when it's coming through the headphones, the kit is quite loud compared to the track.  I can barely hear crashes and the hh on the vid, but they are quite clear when I played it.  Something I need to tinker with, I guess.

i just tried listening to it, and the sound is still muted (for me).  [/list]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:46:57 PM by Guinness »

Offline H3RB

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »
hmmm thats strange i watched it earlier and it worked fine lol but now for some reason its muted, maybe they unblocked it but then re blocked it lol

Offline Guinness

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
not muted now.   ;D

Online Hellfire

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
Another cool video by Guinness. Thanks for sharing. I like songs you play over, good choices!

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »
Nice Job.. keep 'em coming!

Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline Guinness

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »
Thanks.   

What did ya'll think of kit 106  (kit used on drumless tracks Back in Black and The Jack)?