Author Topic: Audiofront eDRUMin ED10  (Read 5415 times)

Offline Chaser

Audiofront eDRUMin ED10
« on: July 26, 2020, 01:21:35 PM »
While a number of E-drum manufacturers have been focusing on asthetics/form instead of function.. Rob at Audiofront has been focused on Function and continuously improving the eDRUMin ED4 since it's release last Sept 2019.

eDRUMin ED10 is ready.

Pre-orders will begin on August 1,2020, and units will start shipping on August 15,2020.

Host port supports ED4, ED10, USB hub and any class compliant USB MIDI device.
Crosstalk cancellation between all connected devices, and any eDRUMins will show up seamlessly in the Control Application for editing.

ORIGINAL eDRUMin ED4

Features
    4 universal trigger inputs
    Supports 3-Way triggering from Roland and Yamaha style pads
    Hihat controller / pedal input
    Full size MIDI out port
    Hotspot suppression
    Bezier Velocity Curves
    Roland Bell Sense
    Positional Sensing
    Win Mac iOS

MANUAL

VIDEOS

FORUM

DOWNLOADS
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 02:00:40 PM by Chaser »

Re: Audiofront eDRUMin ED10
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
Can this device be used to

1) Add additional triggers / pads / cymbals to a Crimson module or a Strike module?

And/or

2) Create compatibility of non-Alesis equipment? I.e. connect a dual-connector ATV ride to a Crimson module?

This device seems very promising because it seems capable of converting hardware from other brands to midi notes which can then be used in an Alesis module... I hope this is true.

Cheers.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »
Can this device be used to

1) Add additional triggers / pads / cymbals to a Crimson module or a Strike module?

And/or

2) Create compatibility of non-Alesis equipment? I.e. connect a dual-connector ATV ride to a Crimson module?

This device seems very promising because it seems capable of converting hardware from other brands to midi notes which can then be used in an Alesis module... I hope this is true.

Cheers.

The eDRUMin works very well for a lot of trigger brands and compatability but it's not going to make a trigger work on a module that isn't setup for an additional trigger be it a $50 trigger or a $500 trigger.It would just be replacing an existing trigger.
eDRUMin works best for software or using as a TMI and MIDI through a module expanding a kit but to Software.
The STRIKE and Crimson (Medeli DD650) module are not expandable...they do not have extra MIDI notes or Voices that can be assigned MIDI notes.You can split the triggers but that's about it..

The Crimson(Medeli DD650) has a GM section..some call Percussion sets..but you have no control over them.The GM section uses the GM standard MIDI map and the module will not display them nor any settings other than a volume trick and you have to turn off MIDI notes in the Digital section if you don't want to layer them.
see this Topic COMMAND/CRIMSON/II/DM10 MKII Studio/FORGE/NITRO/SURGE-Instrument/Voice Stacking

I setup a Trigger I/O with a Crimson and the GM kits were the base kit and the Digital section was the expansion.The only issue was other than not being able to see or edit the GM kits , but I had a foot switch setup for Program change to change the Kits in the Trigger I/O but it also sent a Program change to the Crimson module so the kit changed there also.
Very few modules are truly expandable , one of them was the Original DM10..there are 35 more MIDI notes that can be assigned Voices and fully editable.
Original DM10 35 additional sounds via MIDI

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:28:43 AM »
The eDRUMin works very well for a lot of trigger brands and compatability but it's not going to make a trigger work on a module that isn't setup for an additional trigger be it a $50 trigger or a $500 trigger.It would just be replacing an existing trigger.
So it can still be used to replace an existing trigger?

I.e. connecting a dual plug ride into the Crimson II SE module (which accepts only single connector rides) via de eDrumin module, then catching the midi note and use that to replace the existing ride sounds.

PS: That said, I have been playing around with the module / trigger settings and have managed to get significantly better bell responses.

Online Sharkuel

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:27:12 AM »
I dig this concept, but I believe you are better served with Dmitri's Megadrum. I am about to buy a 56 input module from him, and for 255£, I believe that you are better served with it, for what you aim to do.

The module is rack mountable like the Alesis DM5, but you can fit it on a rack, has positional sensing all around the pads, and 56 inputs man, you can have a monster kit.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »
Not sure if you ended up going this direction but I ended up getting an eDrumin after spending months trying to get the Megadrum working.  Megadrum is like the Linux of drum trigger interfaces.  I've had some weirdness getting the splash to trigger with my Alesis Strike module but I could barely get the Megadrum hihat working at all.  The eDrumin triggers the hihat over MIDI better than the Alesis does with it plugged in directly.

Online Sharkuel

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 04:33:29 AM »
Not sure if you ended up going this direction but I ended up getting an eDrumin after spending months trying to get the Megadrum working.  Megadrum is like the Linux of drum trigger interfaces.  I've had some weirdness getting the splash to trigger with my Alesis Strike module but I could barely get the Megadrum hihat working at all.  The eDrumin triggers the hihat over MIDI better than the Alesis does with it plugged in directly.

Hello, and apologies for the late reply.

As a matter of fact, I did. Yes, I have struggled in the first week to dial down the thing like I wanted, but now I have the luxury of having a monster kit being triggered via SD3 through Linux.

Funny that you reference Linux, since I find it easier to work with professionally than Windows ever was. Pipewire made Linux be on par with MacOS in terms of professional audio.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 02:45:39 PM »
Well, I'm thinking of going the eDRUMin route. Right now the 10 input version is out of stock, so I'm going to wait until they get more in. Anybody else using this yet?

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 11:08:29 AM »
Ed10 is back in stock if anyone is interested

Online Sharkuel

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 07:26:27 AM »
Already ordered mine.

I am gonna pair it with my megadrum module and see how they play together.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals