Author Topic: Malfunctioning Toms?  (Read 802 times)

Malfunctioning Toms?
« on: March 31, 2021, 12:01:16 PM »
Hi,

I have an Alesis DM10X electronic drumkit with mesh.

Two of my four toms, the two floor toms, have the same problem:

When I hit one of those in the middle of the mesh, the sound I hear on my headphone is most of the time the sound that is triggered when you hit the metallic edge of the tom. So in fact I cannot hear the original floor tom sound anymore. Sometimes I CAN hear it, but most of the time the original sound is replaced by the sound that is normally triggererd when you hit the metallic edge.

Is there a solution for this? In other words, can I get my original sound back?

I noticed this happened after a couple of years playing.

Thanks in advance for helping me !

Pluisje

Offline Chaser

Re: Malfunctioning Toms?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
Hi,

I have an Alesis DM10X electronic drumkit with mesh.

Two of my four toms, the two floor toms, have the same problem:

When I hit one of those in the middle of the mesh, the sound I hear on my headphone is most of the time the sound that is triggered when you hit the metallic edge of the tom. So in fact I cannot hear the original floor tom sound anymore. Sometimes I CAN hear it, but most of the time the original sound is replaced by the sound that is normally triggererd when you hit the metallic edge.

Is there a solution for this? In other words, can I get my original sound back?

I noticed this happened after a couple of years playing.

Thanks in advance for helping me !

Pluisje

Is the kit a DM10X converted to Mesh...or a DM10X Mesh kit?
The converted kit will be reflection plate type...the Factory Mesh Kit has open mesh and you can see columns.
The Factory Mesh Kit may have sensitivity knobs on the shell.

Alesis places the "rim" piezo directly in the middle on the bottom of the shell.

If it's the Factory mesh Kit..turn the sensitivity knob if it has one..see if you hear any difference.
To check and see if the piezo has gone bad..broken wire etc go into the settings and turn off the rim.

NOTE CHASE..hit the rim..under EDIT press INST > LVL (F2) and turn the level to OFF...do you hear the Head at all?