Author Topic: SR18 Tying a drum set to a user pattern  (Read 291 times)

SR18 Tying a drum set to a user pattern
« on: February 05, 2022, 04:08:26 PM »
Hi, I have created and saved a user pattern with a drum set that I like. My problem is that after I power off the SR and turn it back on and call up my pattern once again, the drum set always reverts to "Ambient DR000".  Is it possible to save a user pattern and specific drum set together? In other words, whenever I call up my pattern, I would like the same drum set used with it each time (Maybe the pattern has to be saved to the location of the drum set? unsure). I have looked in the manual, but could not find an answer. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Regards.

Re: SR18 Tying a drum set to a user pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:29:23 PM »
Ok, so here is the answer; You must make a system setting change in order to have a chosen drum set save with a user pattern. Do the following; 1) Press PATTERN/USER so you are in USER pattern mode 2) Press SYSTEM SETUP 3) Use the Value wheel and go to SET MODE 4) By default, this option shows "MANUAL". You need to change this so it shows "PATT". 5) Press SYSTEM SETUP again 6) Press and hold SAVE/COPY then press REC to save your system setting.

Now whenever you select a specific user pattern, the chosen drum set will be assigned to it.