Author Topic: Upgrade Drum Module  (Read 3089 times)

Upgrade Drum Module
« on: January 17, 2022, 08:58:14 PM »
I have a Command Mesh Kit.  Is it possible to upgrade to the DM10 MKII Pro Kit drum module since they both have the same 25pin connector or any other newer drum module?

Offline Chaser

Re: Upgrade Drum Module
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 10:45:07 PM »
I have a Command Mesh Kit.  Is it possible to upgrade to the DM10 MKII Pro Kit drum module since they both have the same 25pin connector or any other newer drum module?

Welcome to the Forum !

If you are asking if you can purchase the DM10 MKII Pro (Medeli DD680) Module separately and use the DB25 pin Harness from the Command (Medeli DD650) Module....No..they are not compatible..they are pinned differently.
The DM10 MKII Pro DB25 Harness is hard to find/buy separately and because of that it's usually very expensive.

The Command/Crimson/II/DM10 MKII Studio(Discontinued)/Forge are all based on the Medeli DD650..
The difference between the modules is the Firmware.The difference between the Kits are the Kit Pieces (sizes/Mesh etc)

The Crimson modules and the DM10 MKII Studio (Discontinued) have the most features.. all the modules have the same Voices/Samples/Sounds.
The DM10 MKII Studio and DM10 MKII Pro are entirely different modules

EDIT:
Added links
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:23:27 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 01:04:32 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is very informative. 

My next question is if I can get the DM10 MKII Pro module with the harness will it work my pads and cymbals on the Command kit or I'm out of luck?  I read on another forum someone upgraded from Command module to Roland TD-17 module.  I not looking to go that route but if the DM10 MK11 Pro module works with the harness cables I should be ok.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 01:40:52 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is very informative. 

My next question is if I can get the DM10 MKII Pro module with the harness will it work my pads and cymbals on the Command kit or I'm out of luck?   

The kit pieces are compatible...usually all Alesis are with the exceptions of zone count and 2 cable cymbals.
Keep in mind the cymbals from the Command Mesh Kit are single Zone so you wouldn't be getting all of the features of an upgraded module.
The DM10 MKII Pro uses a 2 cable triple zone Ride and supports a Dual zone Hi Hat and (2) Dual Zone Crashes.
You'll be able to connect your single zone Ride to either the Ride 1 or the Ride 2 cable but it will always be a single zone cymbal..same with the Command Hi Hat and the Command Crash..they should be the 10" single zone with choke (labeled underneath)..they don't have an Edge or Bell.
The choke strip on the 10" Ride and the 10" Crash will actually work as a dual zone if you are extremely accurate and hit them on the choke dots

I read on another forum someone upgraded from Command module to Roland TD-17 module.
I not looking to go that route but if the DM10 MK11 Pro module works with the harness cables I should be ok.  Thanks in advance.

Just to clear up any confusion..or.. if you meant the DM10 MKII Pro Module and it's harness..
You have to use a DM10 MKII Pro DB25 Harness with a DM10 MKII Pro module...no other harness will work..

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 02:17:50 AM »
Ok, sounds good.  Thanks so much for the informative feedback.  This forum is awesome.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 09:43:49 AM »
Ok, sounds good.  Thanks so much for the informative feedback.  This forum is awesome.

Happy to help...

I checked the 10" cymbals with choke..
DM10 MKII Pro:Ride 1 cable - Bow...Bell on the choke dots..Ride 2 Cable - Bow...Edge on the choke dots.
The DM110 MKII Pro also has a side stick (Cross Stick) setting for the snare and a feature no other Alesis module has and that is USB Bi-Directional Audio.
Audio flows back and forth over USB.It works well with an iPad/Camera Kit.The DM10 MKII Pro has Class Compliant Drivers and is currently compatible with iOS 15.2. The STRIKE Multipad also has USB Bi-Directional Audio,but technically it is not a Drum Module.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 03:35:30 AM »
Awesome, that is good to know.  Thanks again.  Hopefully I can get my hands on the DM10 module soon.  I'm looking at few for sale right now. 

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 09:06:26 PM »
Hi,

I decided to go with the Strike module.  I'm sure this question has been asked before.  When I tried to search it has a wide range or results.

I want to replace the Command mesh pads with some of the Strike kit pads.  Can I switch to the 10" Strike tom pads and use one for the snare or do I specifically need to get the Strike pad specifically labeled snare? I saw another similar post that said they are the same only the snare is just bigger.  Thanks.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 10:25:09 PM »
Hi,

I decided to go with the Strike module.  I'm sure this question has been asked before.  When I tried to search it has a wide range or results.

I want to replace the Command mesh pads with some of the Strike kit pads.  Can I switch to the 10" Strike tom pads and use one for the snare or do I specifically need to get the Strike pad specifically labeled snare? I saw another similar post that said they are the same only the snare is just bigger.  Thanks.

You can use any of the STRIKE 8".. 10"..12"..14" for the snare.. they are all dual zone.. piezo/piezo.
The difference between the STRIKE 14" snare and the 14" tom is it needs a snare stand as it does not have an L-Rod mount so it is not rack mountable.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 02:14:25 PM »
Awesome, thank you once again for the quick response and valuable info.