Author Topic: Strike Global Trigger Settings?  (Read 287 times)

Strike Global Trigger Settings?
« on: January 25, 2022, 07:54:16 PM »
I'm trying to set up trigger settings in my Strike module to use with Roland pads. As far as I can tell, trigger settings are applied to kits individually, rather than globally across the module, but this can't possibly be correct, right? I like the Strike sounds, and especially the ability to import multilayer samples, but I'm a little shocked at how primitive the trigger customization is, compared to other modules, unless I'm missing something...

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Global Trigger Settings?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 12:35:24 AM »
I'm trying to set up trigger settings in my Strike module to use with Roland pads. As far as I can tell, trigger settings are applied to kits individually, rather than globally across the module, but this can't possibly be correct, right? I like the Strike sounds, and especially the ability to import multilayer samples, but I'm a little shocked at how primitive the trigger customization is, compared to other modules, unless I'm missing something...

All the settings under the TRIGGER MENU are  Global and can also be backed up/saved/shared by SYSEX..
TRIGGERS >..Do your adjustments..when you are done  press SAVE.."Store Settings?"..YES...press OK
..Settings should still store if you don't press OK..the window times out.

Settings that apply to Individual kits only..KIT FX MENU..VOICE MENU.. save to User Kits and ask for replace..overwrite etc..as the module has Write Protection for all the Factory Presets and Samples.

EDIT:
The only Alesis module that has the ability to save/backup/share multiple Trigger settings/files is the DM10 MKII Pro.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:55:12 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:20:23 PM »
Thanks! That's very reassuring.t would've been less confusing if all of the trigger parameters were edited through the Utility path instead, IMO, but good to know I won't have to be dialing in pads kit-by-kit.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 09:15:18 AM »
Thanks! That's very reassuring.t would've been less confusing if all of the trigger parameters were edited through the Utility path instead, IMO, but good to know I won't have to be dialing in pads kit-by-kit.

It would be even better to be able to load/save the Trigger settings to the SD Card.(The DM10 MKII Pro saves/loads Multiple Trigger settings/Files using USB Flash Drive).
It's a major inconvenience to to require a computer and a program for SYSEX especially if you use the STRIKE module live/touring and have an issue (lockup,damaged,theft etc) that requires replacing or resetting the module..your SOL and have to redo all the parameters
It was a feature request I discussed with a rep at NAMM and also sent to Alesis (along with USB Audio..also a feature on the DM10 MKII Pro) and like everything else it was ignored or fell on deaf ears..
One thing to remember is unplug the module when not in use.It has constant power going to the Main Board.
I am still annoyed I  fried the Main board on a module simply by having it plugged in on my Studio Desk...power conditioners, Line-Interactive UPS.

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 06:48:30 PM »
One thing to remember is unplug the module when not in use.It has constant power going to the Main Board.
I am still annoyed I  fried the Main board on a module simply by having it plugged in on my Studio Desk...power conditioners, Line-Interactive UPS.

That is indeed annoying!

I'm looking to add a Strike module to my setup for live gigs. We do a lot of them - 4hrs long and roughly 3 gigs/month.

My DM10X Mesh kit held up incredibly after over two years of such constant punishment, but my band requested that I go back to acoustic because I play much more lively on them.

My new compromise is to use my acoustic snare and cymbals, the rest is DM10/Sample Pad Pro.

The lack of clean individual outs (DM10) is the bane of this, and I've been dreaming about the Strike since it came out.

Wish I could afford the SE kit, but the module will have to do for now.

Wish me luck? :)
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist