Author Topic: Strike module on Crimson rack?  (Read 338 times)

Strike module on Crimson rack?
« on: January 10, 2022, 12:24:28 PM »
I am purchasing a Strike pro module for my Crimson II kit.

I want to mount the module on the rack, but I don?t have enough space between the utmost left vertical pole and the hi-hat stand.

How can I best mount the module to the rack? The pole is approx 20cm higher than the horizontal bar of the rack.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Peter

Offline stylazyn

Re: Strike module on Crimson rack?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 01:07:33 PM »
I replaced my Surge module with the Strike (best thing I ever did) and moved the HH mount to make room. It is tight but it works.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »
I am purchasing a Strike pro module for my Crimson II kit.

I want to mount the module on the rack, but I don?t have enough space between the utmost left vertical pole and the hi-hat stand.

How can I best mount the module to the rack? The pole is approx 20cm higher than the horizontal bar of the rack.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Peter

Setup a bar for the module like the STRIKE Kit module setup...just pivot/swing the module back/behind
I would have suggested using the snare mount setup and using a snare stand..but the Crimson II is already configured that way..
The Surge and Command still use the Snare mount setup and chrome racks..
If you don't have any spare parts laying around...
There a few ways to go about it..unfortunately individual prices are a bit ridiculous on ebay etc..

A) 12" x 1-1/2" Tube (snare mount)..$45.00
   Hatched Clamp $25-30 (watch out for hardware to match..black plastic/chromed metal)
   Rack Clamp..$15-20 (left side or right side..watch out for hardware Black Plastic or Chromed metal)
   so $85-100..

or

B) You can buy a complete Surge Rack including shipping for $100.00...and purchase a matching hatched clamp..
Use the remaining pieces to reinforce your rack.

or

C) replace/upgrade the rack tubing to 36"..Sweetwater has a 3 piece bundle for $83.00..you'll still need to purchase a clamp for the module mount..

Any way you go...about a $100.00....check Craigslist etc for used racks...but finding them separately isn't as common as you would think.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »
Would the Alesis Multipad Clamp be a solution? https://www.drum-tec.com/alesis-multipad-clamp

Or would the clamp be too small to put on the Crimson rack?

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »
I use that for my sample pad pro. Works really good for that.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 01:55:42 PM »
have you mounted it to the rack? Care to share pictures?

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 01:58:04 PM »
have you mounted it to the rack? Care to share pictures?
I have it attached to the base of an old drum throne. I don't have it set up now.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »
I bought an extra mount for my 2nd DM10 module and ended up attaching it to one of the posts with a pair of cheap clamps.. allows it to extend out at almost a foot and at the momet I use it with a sticky gel pad to have my cordless mini keyboard/trackpad on when I play with AD2.. I believe the DM10 mount fits the Strike module.. I got it years ago at a local music store for under $20
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 05:31:28 PM »
Meanwhile I have obtained a multipad clamp from Alesis. It is designed for thin tubes, e.g. a microphone stand. I exchanged the M8 bolt with an 80mm bolt and then it can be mounted on a Crimson rack. You?ll need m5x20 bolts to fix the module on the clamp.

I hope the image is clear enough.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 12:41:56 PM by pejannl »