Author Topic: Got any links for how to create new kits on a Strike Pro module?  (Read 380 times)

Offline stylazyn

Got any links for how to create new kits on a Strike Pro module?
« on: December 16, 2021, 01:03:53 PM »
Like the title says, I am trying to find a way to create kits on my Strike Pro module. I think that copying a current and modding it the way to go.

So if anyone can offer links or some solid advice, I would be much obliged!

Thanks!

Offline Chaser

Re: Got any links for how to create new kits on a Strike Pro module?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 07:57:36 PM »
Like the title says, I am trying to find a way to create kits on my Strike Pro module. I think that copying a current and modding it the way to go.

So if anyone can offer links or some solid advice, I would be much obliged!

Thanks!

That what the STRIKE Editor is for...The software and User Guide are under the downloads.
(The Editor is currently not compatible with macOS past Catalina..)
Once you edit a kit it becomes a User kit and is saved as a User kit to the external SD Card.
You are not editing/modifying the actual samples themselves or the Factory Kits as they are write protected.
You can use the editor and rearrange samples and instruments,place them in different velocity layers or different kits, apply FX and create unique kits etc.

Alesis has some Video Tutorials a bit outdated as there hasn't been any releases since v1.3,but will give you an idea of the overall process.

Youtube is full of Videos for the editor and also creating kits from exported Vst samples/sounds.
At the Source Studios (SIREN2173) has a few videos and shares a lot of his Kits/presets.
You just download them and place them into the Kit folder on external SD Card.
It's not necessary to have the module connected to a computer to add the Kits to the external SD Card , but you will need a card reader to transfer from the computer to the SD Card.
Then in the module you select them from the User list.

I do not belong to any social media but you can also check the STRIKE Owners Group on Facebook.It is a private group started years ago.

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
So I need to unhook the module and connect it to the PC? One can't make kits on the PC editor software and port them to SD for import on the module?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 12:33:12 PM »
So I need to unhook the module and connect it to the PC? One can't make kits on the PC editor software and port them to SD for import on the module?

The STRIKE Module must be connected to a computer before the STRIKE Editor is started..(You could use a tablet/laptop and take it to the kit)
The STRIKE Editor will not startup without the module..you'll see an onscreen error hardware not found etc
The STRIKE Editor is Hardware dependent and scans for the hardware (module) and both the Internal and external SD Cards as the Internal SD Card is inside the module so there is no way for the STRIKE Editor to see the Kits/Instruments/Samples without the module being connected....