Equipment > General Discussion

3rd party samples sources?

(1/2) > >>

antkn33@gmail.com:
New to this world.  I?m looking primarily for acoustic drum set / cymbal high quality multi velocity samples that work well with the strike pro module.  Thanks.

GotstaDrum:

--- Quote from: antkn33@gmail.com on November 28, 2021, 03:55:56 PM ---New to this world.  I?m looking primarily for acoustic drum set / cymbal high quality multi velocity samples that work well with the strike pro module.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---
I was hoping to see some responses to this question as well.  :(

Chaser:

--- Quote from: GotstaDrum on April 04, 2022, 11:25:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: antkn33@gmail.com on November 28, 2021, 03:55:56 PM ---New to this world.  I?m looking primarily for acoustic drum set / cymbal high quality multi velocity samples that work well with the strike pro module.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Forum !
This question has been answered multiple times in the Search (Upper Left)..search for SDSE
The bottom line is there are no websites that have multi-velocity "wav" drum kits specifically for the STRIKE module.
Developers of multi-velocity drum kits use proprietary file formats for their Vst or Standalone software...mainly because of Piracy and those that would make subtle changes to the wav files then market/sell as their own...it happens continuously with Samples packs and One Shots.
There is software available such as Xtractpler or Lustark SDSE which was originally designed for use with the 2Box module and exports/converts wav to dsnd.
The software works as MIDI Automation and taps out /records one long wav file then slices into individual velocity wav files.
Requirements are you own the software you wish to obtain the sounds from and also in the case of SDSE.. a DAW (Reaper).
Then you organize and import into the STRIKE module.If you go with Xtractpler..join/purchase on  KVR Audio ..you will receive downloads for both macOS and Windows , whereas the Xtractpler site you have to purchase individually.
There are very few Developers that have multi-velocity wav kits..one would be Drumwerks.
You will still have to organize and import into the module.

GotstaDrum:
Thanks for the reply and the info.

nksoloproject:

--- Quote from: Chaser on April 04, 2022, 01:00:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: GotstaDrum on April 04, 2022, 11:25:16 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Forum !
This question has been answered multiple times in the Search (Upper Left)..search for SDSE
The bottom line is there are no websites that have multi-velocity "wav" drum kits specifically for the STRIKE module.
Developers of multi-velocity drum kits use proprietary file formats for their Vst or Standalone software...mainly because of Piracy and those that would make subtle changes to the wav files then market/sell as their own...it happens continuously with Samples packs and One Shots.
There is software available such as Xtractpler or Lustark SDSE which was originally designed for use with the 2Box module and exports/converts wav to dsnd.
The software works as MIDI Automation and taps out /records one long wav file then slices into individual velocity wav files.
Requirements are you own the software you wish to obtain the sounds from and also in the case of SDSE.. a DAW (Reaper).
Then you organize and import into the STRIKE module.If you go with Xtractpler..join/purchase on  KVR Audio ..you will receive downloads for both macOS and Windows , whereas the Xtractpler site you have to purchase individually.
There are very few Developers that have multi-velocity wav kits..one would be Drumwerks.
You will still have to organize and import into the module.

--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm also new to this forum and electronic drums, I'm looking for multi-velocity drum samples (or full kits) to load into the Alesis DM10 MKII Pro. Are you saying it's not possible to add any standard multi-velocity wav file into the DM10 MKII Pro, nor ones from VSTs in DAWs? Why's that? I thought that if they're standard wav files, they're work on pretty much any source? Or do they need to be specially designed wavs for the DM10 MKII Pro?

Where can I find full 3rd party drum kits for the DM10 MKII Pro?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version