Author Topic: Alesis Nitro (DM7X) MIDI over USB not detected by SD3  (Read 1599 times)

Alesis Nitro (DM7X) MIDI over USB not detected by SD3
« on: August 11, 2021, 04:57:06 PM »
Hi

I connected my Nitro to my PC through USB into SD3, but SD3 doesnt detect the hits. Ive tried every preset in the SD3, both for Alesis and other brands.
The module IS detected in the software as you can see in the screenshot, but the actual MIDI signals either arent detected are arent sent at at all.
We've also tried triggering the in-module sounds through MIDI using another program on my friend's Linux PC and it worked.

Is there any known incompatibility between the Nitro module and SD3?
Ive seen videos when it just works so this is very weird.

Any settings i should check?
The GM MIDI is turned on in my module and local mode is off. No difference, neither with any combination of those.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:59:23 PM by NecroRAM »

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Nitro (DM7X) MIDI over USB not detected by SD3
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 06:27:14 PM »
Hi

I connected my Nitro to my PC through USB into SD3, but SD3 doesnt detect the hits. Ive tried every preset in the SD3, both for Alesis and other brands.
The module IS detected in the software as you can see in the screenshot, but the actual MIDI signals either arent detected are arent sent at at all.
We've also tried triggering the in-module sounds through MIDI using another program on my friend's Linux PC and it worked.

Is there any known incompatibility between the Nitro module and SD3?
Ive seen videos when it just works so this is very weird.

Any settings i should check?
The GM MIDI is turned on in my module and local mode is off. No difference, neither with any combination of those.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

The Nitro module (Medeli DD512) is class compliant so no need for any additional drivers.
Set SD3 to MIDI Channel 10...instead of "any".
There is a Nitro preset under the Alesis menu.
GM Mode is for the internal General Midi Section of the module...turn it OFF..Local Control tells the module to send MIDI to the Internal Sound generator(Local Control ON) or send MIDI External (Local Control OFF)...so you want GM OFF..Local Control OFF
If SD3 still isn't recognizing any MIDI and you don't see a kit piece on the screen showing a hit download MIDIOX (WIN) or MIDI MONITOR (macOS) and see if the module is sending MIDI...(good tools to always have)..also check your USB cable (swap with another)and make sure the USB cable isn't over 10'