Author Topic: Question about sample sounds  (Read 618 times)

Question about sample sounds
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »
I recently purchased a sample pad pro and I'm trying to figure out how to add extra kits / sounds. I understand I can do it via an SD card, but where can I get those sounds to load on the card? Is there a library of sounds somewhere that is available for download? Either free or for purchase?

Offline Chaser

Re: Question about sample sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
I recently purchased a sample pad pro and I'm trying to figure out how to add extra kits / sounds. I understand I can do it via an SD card, but where can I get those sounds to load on the card? Is there a library of sounds somewhere that is available for download? Either free or for purchase?

There isn't a specific site to download samples for Alesis products ..there are Free wav samples everywhere online and even more paid sample sites to cover any sample you are looking for.
You must make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the manual for character (name) length, bit rate and sizes...usually 16/44100 mono and most modules/samplepads don't allow more than 15mb TOTAL per kit (except the STRIKE SERIES) it can be (1) 15mb sample or multiple samples to make up the 15mb..check the User Guide for info.

If you find samples you like but need conversion..24 bit...48k stereo etc the Alesis converter works well..it's drag-n-drop..and is under the Samplepad Pro downloads along with the User Guide and there is also a sample and loop library if you don't already have it..

There is also an Open Source Editor that you can use for constructing kits , adding samples etc to the SD Card.

Samplepad Kit Editor