Author Topic: HELP: Alesis Surge Mesh Kit/MPC X Issue...  (Read 573 times)

HELP: Alesis Surge Mesh Kit/MPC X Issue...
« on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:02 PM »
Hello,

I'm a Boom Bap producer who prefers to program my drum parts in the MPC X by playing them using the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit. The problem is that the tempo on the Surge module is somehow throwing off the tempo on the MPC X. Where a tempo should be 85 BPM in the MPC X, it's instead, off the mark and will read 84.23.

My question is: Can I somehow disable the tempo on the Surge module so it will not interfere with the MPC X's set tempo, and if so, how can I achieve this?

Offline Chaser

Re: HELP: Alesis Surge Mesh Kit/MPC X Issue...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:37:49 PM »
Hello,

I'm a Boom Bap producer who prefers to program my drum parts in the MPC X by playing them using the Alesis Surge Mesh Kit. The problem is that the tempo on the Surge module is somehow throwing off the tempo on the MPC X. Where a tempo should be 85 BPM in the MPC X, it's instead, off the mark and will read 84.23.

My question is: Can I somehow disable the tempo on the Surge module so it will not interfere with the MPC X's set tempo, and if so, how can I achieve this?

The Surge module is based on the Medeli DD512-514...It's one of the few modules Alesis I don't have
The link will take you to a much better manual
You are playing live with the Surge module connected by 5 pin to the MPC X and recording ?..or using the Surge to record live then sending playback through 5 pin MIDI to the MPC X ?
If it's the second one.. when sending playback instead of just hitting play...under Utility there should be a Sync Mode...try start/stop song playback playback from there.It sends Midi System Real-time message FA or FC.See if that is of any help..

Re: HELP: Alesis Surge Mesh Kit/MPC X Issue...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:58:10 PM »
Hello,

I'm using MIDI over USB...

The Surge module is based on the Medeli DD512-514...It's one of the few modules Alesis I don't have
The link will take you to a much better manual
You are playing live with the Surge module connected by 5 pin to the MPC X and recording ?..or using the Surge to record live then sending playback through 5 pin MIDI to the MPC X ?
If it's the second one.. when sending playback instead of just hitting play...under Utility there should be a Sync Mode...try start/stop song playback playback from there.It sends Midi System Real-time message FA or FC.See if that is of any help..