Author Topic: Is Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit still worth buying?  (Read 827 times)

Is Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit still worth buying?
« on: February 08, 2021, 09:49:32 AM »
Hi everyone! I am new to drumming and I hardly drum at all, so I plan to buy an used e-drum kit and I stumbled upon Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit (used for 2 years and it's discontinued) and it's being sold for roughly 600USD. I am wondering if the kit is still worth buying and if by chance any of the part is broken, is it easy to be repaired or get a replacement? Thank you for your input and opinion.

Re: Is Alesis DM10 Studio Mesh Kit still worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 11:28:43 AM »
I'd say the module alone, makes it worth it...

offer them 500 and see what they say.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 09:33:35 AM »
I agree, it's a great module.  I bought the Studio Mesh back in 2016, for twice that amount.  It is still going strong, the pads are set up as a practice kit that I use primarily with my Strike, but they have held up well. 

I have also used the DM10 module as a backup for my Strike or in place of it if I don't bring it home from band practice, and it works with the Strike pads really well, along with several Roland pads and cymbals that I have.

There's a ton of potential in the module, and well worth picking up.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:06:13 AM »
Yes, it is worth it and you can ask for a better price.
Iggford, if you compare the DM10 with the STRIKE, what rating would you give it with an excellent 10?

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 02:16:20 AM »
Aren't they the same module, with a different name printed on them?

Offline Iggford

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
Yes, it is worth it and you can ask for a better price.
Iggford, if you compare the DM10 with the STRIKE, what rating would you give it with an excellent 10?

I think it's a solid 7 against the Strike.  Now, I don't know that I ever got totally INTO the capabilities that it has.  I was just starting to work on dynamics and things like that when I decided to upgrade.  I always planned to go back and do it so I'd have a solid backup if I ever needed it. 

An expert DM10 user would probably rank it higher than I did.  I could probably put some thought into it and go to an 8, but I REALLY do like the Strike module in terms of sounds and a couple extras.