Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)

(1/24) > >>

Met:
For Addictive Drums 1 & Superior Drummer 2
(Outdated and might Not work)

Hey Guys,

This Was posted in another thread awhile back and I've decided to Create My Own Thread For Midi Mappings of Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer For use with DM10 Studio Kit. (Pro Kit Users May Try if it Works out)

Please Note That These Midi Mappings Were Done on Microsoft Windows OS.

Nothing to worry About for Beginners or Future Users as I myself have been using these mappings Till Today and it was done By Me.

There's also a MIDI Nodes Mapping For Toontrack SD (Velocity Hi Hat Functionality for Using in DAW Softwares To Play Live)

Important For Superior Drummer Users: Select Your SDX or EZX Pack and Apply MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings each time you Select A Pack or Project Presets.

Update For Addictive Drums Users:
CC#4 Hi Hat MIDI Mapping has been added for use with the Standalone program of Addictive Drums That will give you a closed to opened hi hat sound. (To use this Midi mapping with proper Hi Hat Functionality such as Closed to Opened Sounds, Press the Utility Button on the DM10 Module and Select Trig, Highlight Hi Hat and switch to CC#4).

(This steps are for people who do not know how to load MIDI Mappings)
For Addictive Drums:
(Method 1) Click On "BEATS" tab/button and Select Map Preset (Mappings Found Under "User")
(Method 2) Click On "?" tab/button in Addictive Drums, Choose Map Window and Select Map Preset (Mappings Found Under "User")

Notes: Full Mapping is Done with Cymbal 3, and Xtra A, Xtra B Sounds Included in Tom2, Tom3 and Tom4 Rims. Tom1 Rim is left User Assignable.

Important: (To use this Midi mapping with proper Hi Hat Functionality such as Open/Closed Sounds, Press the Utility Button on the DM10 Module and Select Trig, Highlight Hi Hat and switch to Note Only).
Read the text document in the Toontrack Mappings attachment for similar instructions when using Superior Drummer MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings.

For Toontrack Superior Drummer:
Click On "Mappings" tab/button, Click On "Presets" Tab And Select Either "MIDI" for MIDI Mappings or
"MIDI Nodes" for MIDI Nodes Mappings (Mappings Found Under "User Presets")

Notes: Tom1 and Tom2 Rims Has been Assigned with Cymbals, Tom3 Rim Has Cowbell Added and Punch has Been added To Ride Cymbal. Tom4 Rim is left User Assignable.

Important: Select Your SDX or EZX Pack and Apply MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings each time you Select A Pack or Project Presets.

(The Best Way To Find The Directory For Toontrack SD MIDI Mappings)
In Superior Drummer, Click on "Mapping" Tab, Click "Preset" Drop down menu, Highlight "MIDI" or "MIDI Nodes" and select "Manage in Explorer" and Copy Midi Map Files to the Directory Accordingly.

(The Best Way To Find The Directory For Addictive Drums MIDI Mappings)
Click on the "?" icon and Select "Open the AD User Folder" and Copy Midi Map Files to the Directory Accordingly.

For Superior Drummer 3

Place MIDI Map Preset File in:
Documents\Toontrack\Superior3\EdrumPresets\(Your MIDI Map Preset File Here)

or

Click Settings -> MIDI In/E-Drums -> Preset dropdown menu -> Manage In Explorer/Finder and Place your MIDI Map Preset File there.

The MIDI Map Preset was created based on the existing Alesis DM-10 Preset.
DM10 module kit with default MIDI settings was used.

Changes and Alterations:

Hi-Hat - Changed foot splash to closed pedal (foot splash will trigger likely if you step and release too fast however you can turn off the open pedal articulation to prevent this but must be done every time you load an instrument kit/preset).

Changed from Tip Trigger to Edge Trigger when striking the Hi-Hat in closed position.

Snare Rim - Changed from Rimshot to Sidestick.

Tom1 Rim - Changed to closed Hi-Hat Edge Trigger. Useful for double bass drum pedal drummers.

Tom2 Rim, Tom3 Rim, Tom4 Rim- All have been assigned to cymbals without conflicting notes so you can assign them to instrument kits/presets that has more cymbals.

Additional (Perc4/Tom5 Head, Tom5 Rim) - Also have been assigned to cymbals.

*If you do not want to keep re-loading your desired MIDI Map Preset on every boot of Superior Drummer 3, Load your desired MIDI Map Preset, Make sure you are using your Default or desired instrument kit/presets, Go to main window and click File -> Set Current to Default Project.

For Addictive Drums 2

Directory location should be something like:
Documents\Addictive Drums 2\00100\(Your MIDI Map Preset File Here)

The MIDI Map Preset was created based on the existing Alesis -> DM10 Preset.
DM10 module kit with default MIDI settings was used.

Changes and Alterations:

Hi-Hat - Changed foot splash to HH Foot Close.

Snare Rim - Changed from Rimshot to Sidestick.

Cymbal 2 - Added Cymbal 2.

Tom1 Rim - Changed to HH Closed1 Tip. Useful for double bass drum pedal drummers.

Tom2 Rim - Changed to Cymbal 3.

Tom3 Rim - Changed to Flexi 1 Hit A.

Tom4 Head, Tom4 Rim - Added Tom 4 and Changed to Flexi 2 Hit A respectively.

Additional (Perc4/Tom5 Head, Tom5 Rim) - Added Cymbal 5 and Cymbal 4 respectively.

*Don't forget to save/load your MIDI Map Preset and click on "Set this as my default".

vaikl:
Thank you very much, Meteo!!

Will give them a try in the next days!

Met:
@vaikl, No Problem.  :)

I hope it works well with Your DM10 set and Benefit Other Users As Well.

MechanEvil:
I really need some help with this...

I loaded the midi map. Everything works fine, except when I step on my hi-hat pedal, it triggers a crash every now and then. Also, the edge of my ride doesn't make any sound.

Some step by step help please!

- Jimmy

Met:
@MechanEvil,
That seems odd, are you using superior drummer or addictive drum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version