Author Topic: Setting Xtalk on the DM10  (Read 95562 times)

Re: Setting Xtalk on the DM10
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2014, 07:41:55 AM »
Reduce the sensitivity of both the tom3 head and rim, increase the threshold of tom3 and increase the zone xtalk of tom3.

Thx, I have tried this approach as recommended, but that brings me to my other issue with tom3.. If sensitivity is under 60 hits are not detected :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:00:57 AM by adrian97c »
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline Trondster

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

Thx, I have tried this approach as recommended, but that brings me to my other issue with tom3.. If sensitivity is under 60 hits are not detected :(
Sure - but what happens in the display when you strike the drum and hits aren't detected? My guess is that the rim lights up - that it's crosstalk to the rim.
If so - try following my advice - decrease the sensitivity of the tom3 rim and increase the zone xtalk.
One setting alone does not change everything - it is the combination of all the trigger settings.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »

Sure - but what happens in the display when you strike the drum and hits aren't detected? My guess is that the rim lights up - that it's crosstalk to the rim.
If so - try following my advice - decrease the sensitivity of the tom3 rim and increase the zone xtalk.
One setting alone does not change everything - it is the combination of all the trigger settings.

I believe I tried that already.. But once I get home from work I will re-troubleshoot it again exactly as you describe..

I really want this to work, because I love everything so far, except this issue.. Wish me luck as I don't want to give up & return the set just yet.
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:

Offline Trondster

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
As well - try swapping tom3 and tom4, to see if there is a difference in the two pads.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:06:45 PM by adrian97c »
Mods:
Sounds:

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »
As well - try swapping tom3 and tom4, to see if there is a difference in the two pads.

Ok, made some great strides today. Good news is I learned some stuff about xtalk settings coming here, bad news is I discovered that the issue is with the individual drum pad.

I confirmed this by 1st switching the cables between both floor toms to see if tom3 input would cause issues on other tom, but it worked fine! (It was the first time I was able to hear tom3 sound like the rest). So I switched the cable inputs back. (Proves the module/cable is FINE)

Next I did the suggested tom swap & sure as hell the the same triggering issues began on perc3(tom4).. So there we go!

Now that I know one of my 12" drums is acting up what could I try? Open & inspect if rim piezo is loose?
I guess I'll have to call Alesis & see what they say.. Do they make you pay shipping for sending out broken drum?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:09:47 PM by adrian97c »
Mods:
Sounds:

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
The shallow 12" are a pain!  The two piezos are very close together. One on top of the other.
JimmyB

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
Well, Called Alesis I have to send out my broken tom & wait a month for new one to arrive.

The shipping box that the 12" toms originally came in had a 2" hole/puncture...since I didn't see any scratches on the tom itself I figured it would be ok, but I guess I was wrong.

Update: I ended up calling Guitar center & they agreed to send me a new kit & instructed me to swap toms once the new kit arrives, then have UPS pick up the leftover box the next day :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:01:50 PM by adrian97c »
Mods:
Sounds:

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »
??  The Last Post in here as far as I can see is July 2014!  Has nothing been posted since all that time?

Offline Sal

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
??  The Last Post in here as far as I can see is July 2014!  Has nothing been posted since all that time?

Page 1 pretty much handled the whole thing. There aren't really any new crosstalk issues, just new DM10 owners.
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:36 PM »
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CROSSTALK IS!

Offline Sal

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
Oh ok! It's that thing where you hit one drum and some other trigger is...triggered. So you hit one of the toms and  the ride cymbal also plays. Or the head and rim sounds simultaneously. Adjusting the settings allows for one strike/one sound (or at least something very close to that).
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
i just signed up to say thanks to hellfire for saving my ass again. i just did the latest update and all of my settings went nuts. i couldn't remember all the changes of course so i finally found the thread that explained how to fix the xtalk problems. so thanks again to all of you!

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
I'm new to you guys and very new to my DM10 Studio Kit. I was old school for over thirty-five years. I wouldn't buy e-drums because I didn't think they were cool. Wish I would have done it years ago. You all are teaching an ole' dog many new tricks. Great advice on the x-talk, it was killing me. I'll be back for more great stuff from you drum gods. willcat69

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »
I stumbled into this thread while searching for a way to make the 3 zone ride work correctly.  Can't wait to get home and try this!
DM10 Studio Mesh Kit, 3 dogs and a fiance' who are all glad I got rid of the acoustic kit.