Author Topic: Copy Instruments  (Read 475 times)

Copy Instruments
« on: March 05, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
Hello, I am waiting for my Strike Pro module to be delivered next Monday but I have a couple of questions about it first. Are you able to copy single instruments from one kit to another ? Are you able to record on to the module like you can do on the Roland TD17 .Thanks

Online Chaser

Re: Copy Instruments
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
Hello, I am waiting for my Strike Pro module to be delivered next Monday but I have a couple of questions about it first. Are you able to copy single instruments from one kit to another ? Are you able to record on to the module like you can do on the Roland TD17 .Thanks

The Internal Kits (.skt) are write protected..you would be creating a "User Kit"
You can change the Factory Instruments/Voices (.sin) per kit...add a user Instrument to a Factory kit from the external SD Card.
Using the STRIKE EDITOR you change articulations in the factory/User Voices..move a velocity layer from one kit to another ,velocity switching,assign a loop to pad etc etc...
Once again ..these will be "User Kits"....nothing gets recorded or written to the Internal SD Card.

Yes you can record..Recordings are stored in the "Loops" Folder

Source Options:
AUX Input..Internal..AUX Input+Internal
MODES:..Stereo..Mono Left..Mono Right..Mono Summed.

Since v1.4
Direct  Recording  to  SD  Card:
"The  sample  recording  feature  now  streams  audio  directly to and from your SD card.
This means that the time limit for Sample Mode is now based on how much space is available on your SD card.
For any very long audio recordings, Strike will draw the waveform in real-time."

As far as recording space/time...the update pdf states it's based off how much space is available on your SD card.

I found Sample Recording length doesn't vary for the size of the SD Card (32,64,128GB)

The File size max is 4GB...FAT32 Limitation.

Each Sample recording... length
Stereo - 6 hours...12 mins..49 secs (16-bit/4411.2 = 3.9458916 GB)
Mono  - 12 hours...25 mins..39 secs (16 bit/705.6 = 3.9459798 GB)

EDIT:Added Links

The STRIKE Module has it's own Product page now , but Alesis still hasn't added the Firmware downloads.
You will need to go to the Kit Pages.

STRIKE V1.5 User Guide
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 05:31:51 PM by Chaser »