Author Topic: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1a and open source!)  (Read 113062 times)

Offline Corvidae

250 downloads!
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
Thanks to you guys, we've seen 250 downloads of DMEditor!

Now that you've had a chance to play with it some, what do you think? Any improvements you can think of? Let's see some of the kits you've created!

Offline Ennuk3

Re: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1!)
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
Is it just me or I can't seem to find a way to upload my current module data to the program in any way? I've tried with SysEx, it doesn't find any of my files, old or new, can anybody help me with that?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 03:47:09 AM »
Unfortunately, DMEditor can't read the SysEx dumps from the module (as it uses a bunch of proprietary information I don't have access or documentation for). You'd need to load the dump into the module, then create kits with the same settings (either disconnected or in offline mode), then changes you make to the DMEditor kits will be reflected in the module.

I really wish I could get info on the dumps / soundroms, as that would really make DMEditor a useful tool. :P

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
First of all, amazing job. And grateful thanks for your work.

I really wish I could get info on the dumps / soundroms, as that would really make DMEditor a useful tool. :P

Have you tried asking Alesis for that info? They typically are supportive of the user community right? And since you are only dealing with the kits and not the sound.sysex (the real proprietary stuff) they might be amenable to sharing the info that would allow you read the dumps and get the kit and trigger data from that.

To have real full 2 way computer control over the module and to able to import/export, save and share single/groups of kits through that software, well, I would pay for that.

P.S.  Is there a place I am missing where we are sharing out .dmk kits?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:02:34 AM by evilcartman »

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
Hi, Ive downloaded the program today, a heartfelt THANK YOU!!! absolutley brill!!! Ive been working on my modified DM10 2011 kit, and posted a mod for the HiHat on here, Im currently looking at simplfying the mechanics of this and as im doing a lot of parameter changes, your program has proved invaluable!
Once again, a huge thank you!!!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »
Will DMEditor 1.1 run under Windows 8?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
Will DMEditor 1.1 run under Windows 8?

I would say yes, because it's no app that uses intimate ressources of Windows and - like any old app that still runs under any Windows version - is solid build with no hardware-continguous programming - given that MIDI will also be supported under W8 (which would be a nightmare, if not ;)).

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
I can confirm that DMeditior runs in the Windows 8 developer preview. However, it is written in .Net 4 and that is crashing a lot for me. But Win 8 will assuredly support .Net 4 by release candidacy.

It will not run in any version prior to XPsp3 for those who like to hang on.

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »
This is a godsend.  Thank you

One thing I would love to see happen with this program though.  If it could download and load the modules current settings when you start the program.  That would make it perfect

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »
It will not run in any version prior to XPsp3 for those who like to hang on.
Odd. It doesn't run for me under XP sp3. I get a:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Never mind. I didn't have .net installed. It now seems to work under XP sp3.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:19:53 PM by Hellfire »

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
If you are running XP (which is still a viable choice!) you should definitely be upgraded to sp3. YOu will have to download and install .net 4 firsts.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

.NET 4 has to be installed for all versions of Windows i.e. it is not installed with the OS.

Kit Sharing for the technology challenged
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
So are the members supposed to post kit files so that we can copy them to our DM10? I think I have only seen one posted, so I am wondering why only one has been posted. Exactly what is the process?  Are we supposed to create and save the kits to files in the DMEditor, and then post the files here? Members then copy the file to their DMEditor and then to their DM10? I'm a little confused at to how this is supposed to work.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Yes, .net 4 is required (Mono might work for Linux, although I haven't tested it).

Unfortunately, there's no way to get the kits _out_ of the DM10 other than a full SysEx dump, which appears to be basically a memory dump. No idea how to read that, if it's even possible.

stratocaster: That would be the basic procedure, yeah. The .dmk/i/m modules are all portable, so if you download someone else's file, you should be able to load it. Make sure you select the kit you want to overwrite first, though.

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
Wow!

Just got by in the forum and checked this out...AWESOME!
Thank you so much Corvidae! I won`t get out of my house with this kind of resources in hand!

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »
Very nice app, great job.

So, does this by chance work with the SR-18?

Thanks,
S
GEAR:
-Alesis SR-18 with Firmware ld32-app-1.02.syx
-Alesis Q49
-QTractor
-Mackie Blackjack
-Sony OE Headphones
-Shure IE Monitors

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
So, does this by chance work with the SR-18?

No idea, as I don't have one. Feel free to give it a try and let me know either way. If it doesn't and anyone has any NRPN details on the SR-18, I might be able to add support for it.

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
Sorry, what are "NRPN details", please?

Thanks,
S
GEAR:
-Alesis SR-18 with Firmware ld32-app-1.02.syx
-Alesis Q49
-QTractor
-Mackie Blackjack
-Sony OE Headphones
-Shure IE Monitors

Offline vaikl

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »
Sorry, what are "NRPN details", please?

Non-Registered Parameter Numbers, which are manufacturer-specific commands and values for MIDI devices.

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »
Thanks for making this software editor, i'm looking forward to swapping drumkits
with others also making kits of our favorite drummers - Awesome!!

is it possible to enable the software to be able to store the kits instead of
having to do it on the dm10 in a future version?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »
is it possible to enable the software to be able to store the kits instead of
having to do it on the dm10 in a future version?

I wish it was, but unfortunately, the only access that Alesis saw fit to include was just changing the parameters. You can't actually _control_ anything through the MIDI interface.

« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
Don't know if i'm doing something wrong here.. Im using a XP laptop as studio laptop, but the DMEditor isn't starting up at all due to a 'initialization startup error'. Any tips maybe?

Offline vaikl

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »
Don't know if i'm doing something wrong here.. Im using a XP laptop as studio laptop, but the DMEditor isn't starting up at all due to a 'initialization startup error'. Any tips maybe?

Have you read that? .net install may be your friend ;)

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
Any chance to get a mac version of this?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Any chance to get a mac version of this?

I don't really have the equipment / time to work on a port, but if someone else does and wants to work on it, PM me.

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
cheers Corvidae!!!  IF you're not being paid or getting heaps of free shit from alesis you should be mate!   Great work, I'm holding my breath till there's a way to combine the bj and some of the original sound samples......