Author Topic: Addictive drums and Superior Drummer Problem  (Read 2606 times)

Addictive drums and Superior Drummer Problem
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:15:47 AM »
I am using Addictive drums and Superior Drummer for my e-kit... I love both of them for various reasons but I have a small issue... I am using Trigger IO and with when I setup the gain etc of my kit for Superior then I am having problems with Addictive...

For instance now, I can do a roll on the snare on Superior but on AD the snare is WAY to loud and almost every hit is at maximum level... Is there any way I can resolve this?

Offline Hellfire

Re: Addictive drums and Superior Drummer Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
I am using Addictive drums and Superior Drummer for my e-kit... I love both of them for various reasons but I have a small issue... I am using Trigger IO and with when I setup the gain etc of my kit for Superior then I am having problems with Addictive...

For instance now, I can do a roll on the snare on Superior but on AD the snare is WAY to loud and almost every hit is at maximum level... Is there any way I can resolve this?
I believe the Trigger I/O lets you set up 20 different kits. Have you tried setting up two different kits (one for Superior and one with less gain for AD)? Just a thought.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
There are 20 kits but the gain settings are the same on all the kits... The only thing that changes is the note for its trigger...

Anyway I tweaked eveything in software...

Offline ghostman

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »
There are 20 kits but the gain settings are the same on all the kits... The only thing that changes is the note for its trigger...

Anyway I tweaked eveything in software...

Are you sure?  I was pretty sure I was annoyed that I had to edit EVERYTHING for each kit.  I'd get one kit where I'd want it, and then start editing MIDI notes on another kit, and have to re-do ALL my thresholds, gain, crosstalk, etc.  A kit copy would have been great on the IO.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.