Author Topic: DM10 & BFD  (Read 4089 times)

DM10 & BFD
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »
OK, Fed up with  waiting for new sounds so I'm messing with the BFD again.

GREAT, apart from one issue. The Hi-Hat. It always plays an open sound even with the pedal down. The animation in BFD shows the hi-hat popping up and down no problem when messing with the pedal, but, if you hold the pedal down and strike the hi-hat, the animation opens and an open sound is played.

I should have stuck with a real kit - midi is confusing!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: DM10 & BFD
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »
that would be absolutely frustrating! i would possibly take a look at the midi notes leaving the module, it could be working fine in BFD and just when the note comes its the same as the open hat?

could it be that the inputs aren't grouped in some way?

could it be that i know absolutely nothing about the DM10 or how it works (probably this one!)

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »

could it be that the inputs aren't grouped in some way?

Could be. What are grouped inputs?  :)

I have no idea about midi, I just like hitting drums.

Any BFD experts here?

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 11:47:40 PM »
man i wish i could help you more, im certainly no expert here. You actually might know more about it than me, but it seems to me that the signals out of the module aren't being connected some how. as in they are both getting picked up, but the pedal isn't working because its signal isn't being associated with the hi-hat.

i'm not sure if this would have something to do with BFD or the module settings it self.

I hope im not sending anyone on a wild goose chase here, but i will take a look at BFD2 tomorrow, i use it with my alesis trigger io and see if i can find anything else to help out.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »
Thanks M.

I eagerly await your findings.

Bob

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »
on the midi out settings, the hihat can send note only or note+CC#4.  i believe the default is note+CC#4.  try using note only.

you may have to check the midi settings in bfd if it support cc for the hi-hat.
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »
partly solved by the following:

In BFD1.5, use the “Hi-hat Tighten” parameter in the Page1 tab of the Hit Options page. Start with the
following settings, which will result in a fairly pronounced effect:
 Tighten amount (tip): 0.60
 Tighten amount (shank): 0.75
 Tighten default: 0.40

This gets the desired effect.

Any news on the soundsets we have all been waiting for. I hope they are good enough that I can drop all this BFD cr#p. (it's not crap, I'm just frustrated!)

The other thing..........how come alesis can fit all these different kits into 128Mb and the BFD demo (with only 4 velocity layers) takes up 800Mb. I've seen the specs for the full version of BFD and we are talking gigs! Probably due to the various mic mixes that are possible with BFD???

I still think a BFD / Alesis synergy solution would be awsome. Whereby you set the kit / mix up in BFD and then upload to the DM10 would be a huge improvement. Thoughts anyone?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 04:26:55 PM by MoonlightBob »

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
Sorry MoonlightBob, i haven't even had the time to play around with my kit or BFD lately, working of prepping for my MCAT, so i haven't had a lot of free time!

glad to see that you can get some functionality though!

and yes BFD is huge lol i was wondering the same thing, i have BFD2 and its fully installed at about 50 GB!!
i was wondering how much of that space is stuff that i will never need or at least not miss if i didn't use it.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
This problem is not unique to BFD.  I have the same issue in Steve Slate and Toontrack's EZDrummer.  I would love to find a fix for this.