Author Topic: Alesis Nitro Mesh improvement  (Read 1335 times)

Alesis Nitro Mesh improvement
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:10:26 AM »
Hi guys. So I bought 2 months ago the Alesis Nitro Mesh kit. Nice value in my opinion. Have been using it with headphones so far, but this gets uncomfortable when you want to play along to a song from the laptop, plus I would like to get some sort of amplification. At first sights ( I am not an expert at all) and since I don't want to spend too much, I thought about ALESIS Elevate-3-MKII as monitors and ALESIS MultiMix 4 USB FX as a mixer. What do you guys think? Any other ideas? I am very open to suggestions. Thanks!

Offline DannyM

Re: Alesis Nitro Mesh improvement
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:51:42 PM »
Hello,
I would suggest looking at the Alesis Strike Amp or the New amp Simmons just came out with.

It is a little more than what you mentioned, but not much ,and I think long term you will be happiest getting a amp made specifically for edrums.
Before Christmas is over, Guitar Center & Sweetwater may have another sale or 15% off.

If you have fair Credit you could get approved for one of their store credit cards easily an make low payments at 0% for whatever month period they are offering.
I got a double bass pedal that way for Christmas last year
Sweetwater will give you a 2 year warranty free which is piece of mind.

I got the original Command Kit and since modified it with mesh pads from the Crimson kit and other things when funds were available, I too had to keep to a budget, so once I spent money, if I wasn't happy, I would be stuck with what I bought so I suggest getting a true drum amp from the get go.
Just my take, on this, I use a Simmons Drum Amp the SD50, but is it a decent amp for practice & home use, but please keep me posted on what you decide on.
The new amps I speak of are on my wish list for now.

Thanks.

Offline Iggford

Re: Alesis Nitro Mesh improvement
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 09:22:22 AM »
As far as amps go, I would highly recommend the Strike Amp.  I just got one last week, and I was seriously blown away by the power this thing has!  I was using an older Fender bass amp before, which worked pretty well considering, but this Strike Amp took it to an all new level. 

I have a Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer connecting everything, and I'm very happy with it.  I went that route because it's what my band uses, and it was not only familiar but it also added a backup just in case we need one on stage. 

Talking about financing, if you can go with Sweetwater, they're amazing to deal with.  If I don't go through them, I go through zZounds.com.  I love their financing plans, and they're all at 0% interest with no credit check.  It's how I've financed all my gear.  If I can pay cash, I go with Sweetwater, but zZounds has price-matched for me in the past so that I can do the financing option.  They have 3-, 6-, and 12-month plans, and occasionally offer 18 on some things.  It's really made it easier on me for building up my gear.  I'm trying to get an entire stage setup so that I can eventually put a small group together in addition to the band I currently play in.

Ok, done sounding like a commercial! :) 

--
Shawn