Author Topic: Can you move a user set position in the list?  (Read 1673 times)

Can you move a user set position in the list?
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
I’m trying to see if I can change the order of user set that I saved and renamed. The file number  doesn’t change when you rename it, but I haven’t put them on a USB or anything.

Ellis

Re: Can you move a user set position in the list?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »
I guess not. I’ve been trying ...

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »
Hi Ellis, I don't have a Strike, just the DM10, but can't you simply save that kit over any other kit number that you don't care for? ie, I use Addictive Drums and it takes it's MIDI settings from Kit 000, so when I programmed my best settings with all the extra pads and cymbals I saved it to Kit000 and called it BestSoFar (for lack of a better name). Now it's the first one every time I turn the module on.

Is that kind of what you meant?
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:26:12 PM »
Exactly what I mean, thanks. But say you don’t want to looses custom kit, but  just not have it at the top of the eye. Then you can save it at a lower position, save your kit you want to put in its place, the move the kits around that way. I’ve already written over a kit I wanted to keep (no huge deal), I was just hoping there was a “hold these two buttons down, then you can shift the position of the current kit” kinda thing.

If I make note of what I want to keep, what are kit that can be overwritten, and what I wat where, then I think I’ll be able to move things just fine.

Ellis

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:48:50 AM »
I hear ya. Again, I've got the DM10 and I already forget which module you're talking about (senility and too lazy to scroll down!) lol

But with the DM10 there's 100 presets and 100 user kits.. you could take say kit 000 preset, copy it to kit 100, and any other presets you don't want to lose (although you can always get 'em back but I suppose you'd lose all the other great ones you've made).. copy each preset you don't want to lose up to the user defined areas, then start saving your good created ones over the preset ones in the low end of the list.

Did that make sense? When I was using the module, I found a handful of decent ones that came pre-set, and tweaked them a bit, saved over the originals once I felt my version was just a bit better.. also overwrote some of the "way too many" spacey, techno or latin ones I realized I'd never use. Often I'd copy a preset that I kinda liked up to kit 101 to 110 or so, then tweak them to my hearts content and save 'em up there in the 100s.. and if I finally really liked what I had, I'd then copy it down to the original pre-set version and overwrite it.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:31:23 AM »
Yes! And I like the idea of having keeper custom kit starting at the bottom, as opposed to in the middle where the preset kits end.