Author Topic: latest shell colour  (Read 1562 times)

Online AlanK

latest shell colour
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »
Just thought I'd show y'all what I did the other day. I have the DM10X kit, and at some point I found a couple of kids' room border rolls at Walmart that had sparkles.. were on clearance, like 2 bucks a roll. I had blue and salmon/pink (that's what they had left). Put the blue on for the last year or three.. stuff's about 4" wide and if I fold it and cut it in half it fits perfectly.

Decided to try out the pinkish version since I have a woodgrain looking Laurin snare and kick drum. I call it salmon.. anyhow it's all sparkly, and with the blue I just slid the strips into each shell non-permanently. I had trouble pulling them out so I took the heads off, pulled the blue strips out and then for the salmon ones I actually peeled off the wax liner and stuck them to the inside plastic rings. Unfortunately on this version of the DM10X the shell that shows is only about an inch and a half.. but at the right angle it looks kinda cool. Because there's a bit of a lip on the base of each pad where the ring sits it sometimes looks like these borders aren't straight in place but they are.. I wish the shells were deeper.. some of you have done some amazing mods to create more realistic shells for sure.

Anyhow, here's a pic...
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers