Author Topic: Alesis cymbal repair...frustrating!  (Read 1582 times)

Alesis cymbal repair...frustrating!
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:36:11 PM »
I just can't quite get this cymbal to work again, but I think it's the stereo jack where you solder the leads from the piezo.

First things first, I replaced the piezo...no love. I notice when I plug the cable in to the cymbal I get a cymbal sound...but if I hit the cymbal, I have to hit it in a very specific spot and fairly hard and then I get a faint cymbal sound. I think I am coaxing out the same cymbal sound as when I plug the cable into the jack. And since I replaced the piezo, the jack is really the only other possibility here.

Has anyone sourced this part or replaced a jack in a cymbal successfully?

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis cymbal repair...frustrating!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 07:39:23 PM »
I just can't quite get this cymbal to work again, but I think it's the stereo jack where you solder the leads from the piezo.

First things first, I replaced the piezo...no love. I notice when I plug the cable in to the cymbal I get a cymbal sound...but if I hit the cymbal, I have to hit it in a very specific spot and fairly hard and then I get a faint cymbal sound. I think I am coaxing out the same cymbal sound as when I plug the cable into the jack. And since I replaced the piezo, the jack is really the only other possibility here.

Has anyone sourced this part or replaced a jack in a cymbal successfully?

You need to be a lot more specific or you won't get any responses...you're asking about trouble shooting/sourcing/replacing a part,but don't provide any information at all about the cymbal.
Alesis produced multiple cymbal designs over the past 20 years.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 01:44:37 AM »
Good point.. this is the Alesis DM12...the stereo jack portion of the cymbal. I'll add a picture tomorrow.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 09:16:38 AM »
Good point.. this is the Alesis DM12...the stereo jack portion of the cymbal. I'll add a picture tomorrow.

If you have the DMPad try this topic

Cymbal Repair

Also try entering "Cymbal repair" in the Search..upper left.There are numerous posts/topics

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 04:10:43 PM »
awesome! Just knowing that someone found replacement jacks...that's a great start for me!

Much obliged.