Author Topic: Well, I did it ...  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Liko

Well, I did it ...
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
I haven't played for a long time and in truth my drumming is more therapy than much else but I was asked to play a short busking gig with a friend and although I was nervous ... I did it.

I pulled my kit out to Main Street and ran it through a rented speaker and filled in behind my neighbor.

Spousal Unit says I did great, (she's biased) but someone else slipped me a $20 bill and said they had a great time.

I guess I did alright. I've been asked to play for a small Christmas gathering here in town and now I'm preparing for that.

Offline AlanK

Re: Well, I did it ...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
Liko, that's so incredible! Good for you both. I bet you'll have the bug now and want to do it again! I left drumming at about 24 and got back in 6 yrs ago at 50.. hadn't performed in a long time but we started playing/jamming at a mate's annual halloween party and after the first minute or two the excitement kicked in and it is so much fun entertaining people.. and yes, even when I/we think the playing wasn't so perfect, people don't usually notice and they say I/we did terrific. Hope you get to do it again!

(but your so far away from your bandmate!)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Liko

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
(but your so far away from your bandmate!)

I thought it strange also but I'm a "go along with it" sorta guy ....

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
Awesome! If someone slipped you a 20 then you did great. Remember if you mesh up, most people in the audience will not even notice. We musicians tend to be more critical of ourselves than onlookers would be.