Commons > Water Cooler

Strike Performance Module Now Available Stand-alone

(1/3) > >>

tmk21315:
I've had my eye on Reverb and eBay for one lately.
This is pretty awesome. Comes with the 12-connection cable snake. Not sure if it comes with the mounting plate.
Edit: Does come with the mounting plate.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StrikeMod--alesis-strike-drum-module

tmk21315:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I bought one

Iggford:
Congrats!!  You'll love it!  I plan to build a conversion kit, and my Strike module will be going over.  I'm actually thinking of buying a second one for a backup.

--
Shawn

tmk21315:

--- Quote from: Iggford on February 14, 2020, 03:51:24 PM ---Congrats!!  You'll love it!  I plan to build a conversion kit, and my Strike module will be going over.  I'm actually thinking of buying a second one for a backup.

--- End quote ---

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Like I have to do everything all at once. I got it set up and just jammed out for a bit, checking out the different kits. I LOOOOVE "Mr. Tight Snare". And about 30 minutes completely disappeared while I screwed around using the "Auto EDM" kit.

But then right on day 2 I felt like I had to immediately start loading samples and making kits from the many EZXes that I have or else I won't be utilizing the module to its full capability. I just have to take a step back and play I think. I'll get to the sample loading soon enough.

Something I had to address very quickly though was the ride cymbal because I have still been utilizing my Crimson cymbals on my A2E, of which the ride has 1 input so I haven't had a bell for the last week. I decided to buy a complete, used Strike Pro cymbal set off of Reverb that I was keeping my eye on. I had quite a bit of money in Reverb bucks from selling off my Crimson pads. I'll keep my Crimson DM cymbals. With this added I'll have enough cymbals to trigger ride, 2 x crash, china, splash ... with 3 cymbal pads leftover. Looks like I might be splitting inputs very soon!

Mikear57:
I just bought a Strike Drum Module from Sweetwater this morning.  It arrives tomorrow.  I have a new Command Mesh set, which I am enjoying, but when I saw the Strike module at that price, I thought it over and decided to pull the trigger (pun intended!).  My research regarding the Command's hi hat indicate it will work on the Strike (that was my main concern).  I bought the Alesis DMPAD 14" cymbal when I bought the Command Mesh so I'm looking forward to the dual zone working.  I'll get a 3 zone ride down the road when the dust settles (any suggestions where to aquire one cheaply would be appreciated - Reverb?).  Hopefully, everything will transition smoothly to the Strike and I can spend hours exploring all the built in kits and everything else it offers during this pandemic lockdown free time.  Can't wait until tomorrow when it arrives!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version