Author Topic: DM10 MkII Pro Kit/Strike Module. Mesh Pads Only!  (Read 2327 times)

DM10 MkII Pro Kit/Strike Module. Mesh Pads Only!
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »
QUESTION:How do you make your DM10 MkII Pro Kit whisper quiet when having your setup in a small office/studio on the 15th floor of a condo building?
ANSWER: Sell the rubber cymbals and go for an all mesh setup only.
And that's exactly what I did. I ordered three 8" mesh pads to become my hihat, crash and ride cymbals...with room for three more pads.
And let me tell you, although it may look like its missing the visual cymbal pads, its not missing the great feel! A better feel if you ask me.

After getting over the initial awkwardness of not hitting actual cymbals, I came to realize that hitting the mesh is not only that much quieter, but the response and rebound is simply awesome! Playing the mesh as a ride or bell is really sweet. I don't even need to use the hihat pedal, as using the mesh pad allows for bow, half open, or just open, depending on the velocity settings.

I could go on, but I've included some pictures.
Any questions about the setup just ask.
PS. The Strike module is the best sounding brain I've ever heard...including many of Roland's that I've had over the years.
ALESIS Pro Kit w/upgraded Strike Performance Drum Module.
NO cymbals for precise quiet playability [2-Roland PDX-6", 1-Roland PDX-8"mesh pads as HiHat, Crash, Ride]. AKG K52 Closed-back headphones.