Author Topic: Hello from Orlando!  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Unclebif

Hello from Orlando!
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »
 I've made the clumbsy start by posting a module question on the introduction board. Thanks for moving it to the proper forum, Nice site management.
 I am a song writer / bassist with drum empathy. After years of programming beats on an SR-16 which were cruelty to live drummers who were asked to play them, I purchased a set of acoustic drums and started gaining respect for the art. I also got tons of bleed over from the live mics on scratch sessions. The acoustic set moved to my long-time friend and percussionist's studio and I have been acquiring e-drums. There is a totally different approach and empathy curve. I appreciate the sound control, but have some learning to do. I hope to share some experience up here and benifit from yours.
If not for each other, we would have no purpose.
Unclebif

Offline Guinness

Re: Hello from Orlando!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
Welcome!   ;D

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:16:24 PM »
I've made the clumbsy start by posting a module question on the introduction board. Thanks for moving it to the proper forum, Nice site management.
 I am a song writer / bassist with drum empathy. After years of programming beats on an SR-16 which were cruelty to live drummers who were asked to play them, I purchased a set of acoustic drums and started gaining respect for the art. I also got tons of bleed over from the live mics on scratch sessions. The acoustic set moved to my long-time friend and percussionist's studio and I have been acquiring e-drums. There is a totally different approach and empathy curve. I appreciate the sound control, but have some learning to do. I hope to share some experience up here and benifit from yours.
Welcome aboard Unclebif.

Offline Pier

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »
Welcome here Unclebif, and thanks for your intro and the respect you show in regard of drums and drumming.
... but don't forget that it's a lot of fun also!  ;)

See ya around, hope to hear soon from you