Author Topic: Roly  (Read 2395 times)

Roly
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »
Hi,
I'm roly and i'm from paris ;) (In fact I come from the reunion island but live in paris to study)
So, I'm following this forum since I plan to order a new drum kit...
Here's my choice: 2box, dm10 pro or dm10 studio.
The 2box looks so cool, and has a lot of features I like. But that's not the same thing as alesis as price is concerned !

I'm searching for the most silent drumkit so I have a request for people here: can somebody record the noise level precisely of dm10 studio/pro kits?( I really would like to see the difference between surge cymbals and the cymbals on the studio kit...)
I've seen the video from hellfire but I'm really surprised: it's not as noisy as everybody tells?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Hellfire

Re: Roly
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
Hi,
I'm roly and i'm from paris ;) (In fact I come from the reunion island but live in paris to study)
So, I'm following this forum since I plan to order a new drum kit...
Here's my choice: 2box, dm10 pro or dm10 studio.
The 2box looks so cool, and has a lot of features I like. But that's not the same thing as alesis as price is concerned !

I'm searching for the most silent drumkit so I have a request for people here: can somebody record the noise level precisely of dm10 studio/pro kits?( I really would like to see the difference between surge cymbals and the cymbals on the studio kit...)
I've seen the video from hellfire but I'm really surprised: it's not as noisy as everybody tells?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Roly,
Welcome to the forum.  Choosing between the 2Box and the Alesis DM10 Pro/Studio would be a hard decision to make. Since you want the most silent drumkit, I would bet that would be the 2Box. 2Box comes with mesh heads. The Alesis DM10 kits do not. If you are choosing between the DM10 Pro and DM10 Studio, I would go with the Studio. The DM10 Studio's cymbals are not as noisy and the DM10 Pro's plus you get more triggers with the Studio. The best advice I can give you is, find a music store that have them in stock and try them out before you buy. I hope that helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:42:24 AM »
Hi hellfire,
thanks for your answer.

In fact I was searching for a music store where I can test them for about 3 weeks, but it seems that there's no such possibility in paris. The 2box isn't in stock now, there's a new shipment planned for the end of july. However i've found a used one (with double mesh heads, and pearl hi-hat and snare stands) at a good price. (1650€)

The DM10 is not widespread yet, and there's only a few minority of music store which sell it.

Yeah that's what i'm looking for: test them, but still can't.

:(

Offline Pier

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:42:35 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Mesh head are silent, but don't forget that with a Studio Kit you could do yourself the conversion if you feel the need (see other threads in this forum), get the rubber cymbals and still save almost 650 Euros from the price you stated in your post.
Oh... for a brand NEW kit and not for an used one!

Also, the Studio kit have 1 cymbal and 1 drum pad more.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:45:52 AM by Pier »

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 02:58:37 AM »
Bienvenue Roly !

Les Frenchies sont les bienvenue ici... Je suis en Picardie, et moi aussi, je vais passer commande de la DM10 Studio (mon budget me met en dehors de la course pour la 2box)  :P

There is a video about the acoustic noise of the Alesis PAD (DM10 Pro, but on the DM10 Studio the PAD are the same) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpSF5J0aXfM&feature=watch_response
Mesh heads seem less noisy.

There is a Milonga store near Paris which have DM10 studio onsite. To be sure, take you phone :http://www.milongamusic.com/F-3245-magasins/P-3247-lieusaint_milonga-paris-carre-senart

Regards
New drummer, and I am waiting my DM10 Studio !
Mac friend.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:15 AM »
Thanks all :)

Pier: The conversion seems to be a little difficult... And above all it avoid any guarantee whereas the used 2box still be under guarantee for 3 years...
And what about the kick pad, i've read that we can't modify it while it's the most noisy part. No?

Sebonny: Merci :p La dm10 semble malheureusement trop peu répandue en france pour l'instant, j'espere que ca va s'améliorer... Je vais appeler milonga dès l'ouverture sinon. (Le seul mag qui vende la dm10 studio en ce moment? Les autres ne sont livrés qu'en juillet!)

And thanks for your video, it's exactly what I was searching for. ;)

Offline ungoliant

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:36 AM »
Bienvenue Roly,

Je suis aussi frenchie (Nord de la France) et heureux possesseur de la DM10 pro kit.

J'ai testé la 2BOX dans un milonga (Milonga Henin-Beaumont dans le 62) : c'est clair qu'elle est très silencieuse mais le remplacement des mesh doit faire mal au portefeuille car ce ne sont pas standards  :-\  ... et puis le look 2box on aime ou on aime pas ...

C'est vrai que les surge sont plus bruyantes (surtout le charley) mais le feeling est top.

A+

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
In the video from sebonny we could se that the pro kit is really really REALLY loud!
I'm shocked :(

(Il y a plein de français ici alors :p)