Author Topic: Hi Everyone! I am Bigpow, from Hong Kong!  (Read 2370 times)

Hi Everyone! I am Bigpow, from Hong Kong!
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:11:21 AM »
I just got my new DM10 pro drum kit about a week ago. Very happy with it! I was hoping to have this kit at home so I can practise and play along some songs!

I had some problems with the volume and sensitivity the first time I turned on the drum kit. But after adjusting the sensitivities and equalizers, they sound better. However, I still feel the acoustic noise created from the stick hitting the pads, the cymbals, and especially the kick pad, are quite loud. I can really hear the acoustic sound on the background of the sounds created from the module through my headphones.
However, I am still very happy with the DM10 Pro kit, the feel of hitting the pads and cymbals are great!
I have posted this problem in the other section of this site, and was really glad that I got 2 replies within 24 hours!

This site is great and full of information!!

Bigpow

Offline Hellfire

Re: Hi Everyone! I am Bigpow, from Hong Kong!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
Welcome aboard Bigpow.

Offline Pier

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »
Nice to meet you Bigpow, see you around  :)

Offline ghostman

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
What kind of headphones are you using?

I use full over-the-ear headphones, and they block out most acoustic stick noise.

Welcome, and keep us posted!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:58 PM »
welcome bigpow! and given that u are in HK, pls do the mesh conversion :).
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
Welcome.  You'll find lots of good folks here.