Author Topic: Howdy friends  (Read 3257 times)

Howdy friends
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »
Hello people of the internet! My name is Luke, so call me whatever suits you. I am so glad to have found a place the is using the same drums that i plan to get. I have played the drums for about 3 months and with a new baby, my wife gets kinda hostile about the noise. On the "note" i decided to purchase a new set of drums. After looking around a bit with my budget in mind, i decided on Alesis USB Pro kit. I have a killer PC only because im a computer nerd, and i love to play the drums... I will be talking to you a LOT because i have absolutely NO idea how to do any of the e-drum set up or the requirements. Just to make sure, here are the specs of my PC:

Phenom II x4
8 gigs Ram
XP Pro / Linux

And by the way, Linux is a awsome platform for music recording and the like. You just have to know how to get it to work. I would be happy to help in any way i can. I am running Superior Drummer 2.0 on Ubuntu at the moment. So long for now and glad to meet or be meeting you in the near future. ;)

Forgot to mention this if it matters; im from and live in Iowa.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:42:01 PM by Datastream »

Offline Guinness

Re: Howdy friends
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
My name is Luke, so call me whatever suits you.

Hey there Joe.  Nice to meet you.

LOL   :D

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find lots of good info and people here.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
haha, i knew someone would do that :P

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
Welcome aboard Luke.

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
Welcome to the forums Luke.

I'm new myself, and finding a lot of great folks here with TONS of information.
Bobby D.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
welcome to the forum luke and enjoy guniness's candid humor..lol
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline ghostman

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
Welcome DataStream!

Not many musician / Linux users out there.  Linux is a great platform.  Personally, I hate Windows (but have to use it for work) and have a Mac at home for my personal & music needs.

Hope to see you around often!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »
hi Luke - really intereste in hearing what you've running in Linux
Premier Royale 7 piece A to E with T-Trigger mesh heads on a Dixon Chrome rack.
DIY piezo triggers. 
Alesis I/O.
BFD2. 
Reaper.
ETrigger.

Kit album:http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=228

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
right now i am running Superior drummer 2.0 with wine and i found another aiso file that works well for it. i have heard there are nightmares of this sort of thing but i have been working out the kinks. I'm also running Acid Pro 7 as well. I did however just purchase windows 7 ultimate because i have had the beta and i love it! So, time for a wipe :P

-Luke

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »
right now i am running Superior drummer 2.0 with wine and i found another aiso file that works well for it. i have heard there are nightmares of this sort of thing but i have been working out the kinks. I'm also running Acid Pro 7 as well. I did however just purchase windows 7 ultimate because i have had the beta and i love it! So, time for a wipe :P

-Luke
yeah i beta tested the win 7 too im back to win xp..lol but i have used studio 64 for linux i might dwell into it harder now since they finally got the sata drivers its as good as a mac if not better in some areas and best of all its freeeeeeeeeeee
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity