Author Topic: A problem with my dm10 module  (Read 935 times)

A problem with my dm10 module
« on: April 05, 2020, 12:00:54 PM »
When I switch it on it thinks that all the drums are being hit constantly and nothing is working. I’ve tried a master reset and it just the same. Any ideas anyone please?

Offline Chaser

Re: A problem with my dm10 module
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
When I switch it on it thinks that all the drums are being hit constantly and nothing is working. I’ve tried a master reset and it just the same. Any ideas anyone please?

Are you using the correct Power supply?..9V AC/AC 1.5a..(this is usually the problem)
What firmware versions?
Any errors on power up...calibration etc ?
Do the trigger pad indicators (small circles) on the LCD display show erratic 'blinking'?
Which reset did you do..the System Reinitialization EXIT/STORE or through the menu..
Was there an option to select Kit?

If you have the correct power supply and No errors on power up...
With the module powered OFF
Unplug all the trigger inputs...power up the module.

Do the trigger pad indicators (small circles) on the LCD display show erratic 'blinking'?
If they are try resetting just the Trigger settings using the instructions below.
If that doesn't work you probably need to update/reinstall the firmware.

If No errors/No Blinking lights etc..
Power down the module connect one trigger/cable in.. power up the module...if the trigger works appropriately..power off then connect the next one.
If it is misfiring check the Threshold settings.
Repeat for all inputs until a problem occurs.

MENU:FACTORY RESET
1. Press UTILITY to enter the main Utility Menu.
2. Press SYS (F4) to access the Accompaniment settings.
3. Press INIT (F2) to access the reinitialization page.
4. Use CURSOR UP / DOWN to move through the menu items:
All Kits: All of the module's Kits and their settings will return to their factory defaults.
All Sequences: All of the module's Sequences and their settings will return to their factory defaults.
All Trigger Settings: All of the module's trigger settings will return to their factory defaults.
5. Press EXEC (F4).
6. A window will appear asking you to confirm your choice.
To confirm and reinitialize the selected settings, press YES (F1). To cancel, press CANCEL (F2 or F3).

If none of the above works..the module probably needs to be serviced.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 06:03:36 PM »
sounds like the threshold for everything is set to 0
DM10(BlueJay)/DM8/iO, SD3; Shure SE215, Simmons DA50, Alto ZMX862, Focusrite Scarlett; Tama SpeedCobra, VF 7AN, Roc-N-Soc;
DIY: Tennis Ball Drum Riser, Cymbal Felt Beater, Footswitch Cymbal Choker[url]

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 10:16:08 AM »
If I was to guess, it's either a power supply issue or threshold issue. I'm leaning toward a power supply issue as I thought a system reset would have fixed the threshold setting to factory, but check anyway.