Author Topic: Strike Pro SE rim vs head trigger priority snare rim shots etc  (Read 519 times)

Hello,
Finally got a strike Pro SE kit, had to replace the bl**dy boiler first, yup middle of winter, why cant they pack up in summer?

Still getting used to it, but so far it is really really good to play, the sounds are phenomenal, and really nice to have realistic size pads, Ill write my penny worth review when ive stopped being critical.

I have tried searching but cant find anything so I wonder if its just my kit/bug.

Are the rim and tom triggers on each pad meant to be either/or (head shot mutes the rim sound if played together on same pad)?
If I play the snare rim and head together, the head pad mutes the rim.
I have tried a non-strike pro se pad but it is the same, so regadless of the innner/outer trim knob thing so it must be the module?
Strangely on Tom 1, the rim has priority, all others the head.
For Toms its not a problem really but would'nt you expect the rim sounds and head sounds to be able to be played together like real rim-shots, especially the snare?

Thanks v much in advance if anyone has any ideas.
Take care all
Iain

Re: Strike Pro SE rim vs head trigger priority snare rim shots etc
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »
I don't have the kit in my possession so I can't try this for myself, so just going off of what I found in the manual. But if you go to Edit>Voice>FX/MIDI>Other on the module, there should be a setting called "MuteGroup". Make sure this setting is OFF and see if the problem persists?

Ivan

Re: Strike Pro SE rim vs head trigger priority snare rim shots etc
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 01:24:59 PM »
Thanks Ivan.
Yes I checked that and tried putting rim and head in different mute groups, no joy.
They dont cut each other out if slight delay between hits
I also cant see any difference in settings between Tom 1 and the others :(