Author Topic: Mapping the Dm10 with BFD2 using pro logic 8  (Read 8637 times)

Mapping the Dm10 with BFD2 using pro logic 8
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
I'm having difficulty mapping the Dm10 with Bfd2 using pro logic 8 on a new Imac..
The Kick, Snare and toms map with no troubles..However the cymbals seem to send several midi notes (namely the same ones used by the snare and tom)..

Hence a snare or tom sounds when hitting a cymbal..

Has anyone encoutered the same problem?...Or sucsesfully mapped the same kit....?

Can anyone PLEASE offer a solution?

Cheers Schmaughan

Offline vaikl

Re: Mapping the Dm10 with BFD2 using pro logic 8
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, schmaughan!

First, did you try to customize the keymap within BFD2 when using the DM10? I think there is the problem.

Some weeks ago i'd posted a link to an entry in the FXpansion forum with a DM10 keymap for BFD2, but it seems that this entry isn't available anymore.

So try the attached .bfd2map file. It's for the Pro kit and you may have to tweak it a bit when your are on the Studio kit to map the fourth pad.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
Hey Thanks for the warm welcome...your advice came quickly...
I've managed to load in your keymap..And  MANY THANKS.... it seems to have totally sorted the cymbals sending multi midi notes....(I've  even got the ride bell sound...Many,many thanks)...

You've raised a smile and a contented glow for which I'm gratefull..
I just need to sort the hi hat articulation now..I've only got a closed and a pedal sound (no 1/4 1/2 3/4 open)..
Don't spose you've any ideas on that one..

Cheers Schmaughan

Offline vaikl

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »
Many,many thanks)...

You're welcome! ;)

I just need to sort the hi hat articulation now..I've only got a closed and a pedal sound (no 1/4 1/2 3/4 open)..

There's a very good video from FXPansion on this page, called "BFD2 - Mapping Variable Hihats". That should do the trick :D

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
I use Sonar 8.5, so I went ahead and just changed a few things to use in  the standalone or the plug-in.  I put both the map and tga files inthe zip

Try to just extract them into your maps folder.
 I can up load my preset if that is easier, although i am using botht eh Evil Drums and the Andy Johns Classic as well.  Should work even if you have to just replace a drum or two on the kit page.
C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Maps
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:54:13 AM by curtizb »

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »
Many,many thanks)...

You're welcome! ;)

There's a very good video from FXPansion on this page, called "BFD2 - Mapping Variable Hihats". That should do the trick :D

Thank You SOOO much I was gonna post ANOTHER thread asking the same question, but I used the search function. Your answer is the only one :) .. and the funny part is that I got the keymap files here but I forgot this answer.