Author Topic: What's next?  (Read 7393 times)

Offline Hellfire

Re: What's next?
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
as a new user of the DM10...first thing for me would be bigger heads. The 10's are ok but would prefer them across the whole kit rather than 2 x10's and 2x8's.

Would be nice to know if Alesis is actually going to fulfill its product launch statement and have downloadable kits. Seems a bit lame that Pearl have beat them too it with what is essentially a revamped DM10?

One thing I am surprised at is that No company (That I know of) as actually incorporated a learning tool into their modules  i.e. a larger screen (example: 7") and a colour coded music score that would correspond to maybe the different color rim rubbers and cymbal sponges. Just a thought.

As a very very new drummer it would be great to see a more advanced version of say GH or Rockband style tutorial made available. Instead of the colours coming down the screen...they would be on the staff in normal music notation but colour coded.

Just a thought...especially if you had a good selection of playalong songs built in.

Even better if the songs were downloadable and the music score was part of the purchase so that it could be read straight off the screen.

PS: in the event that this idea is a good one....i retain full copyright of that idea :) you can send the cheque in the post :)
Just thought I let you know that Simmons does something kind of like this. They have buttons on their module with LEDs in them that light up when you hit the pad and I believe when a drum pattern is played. And now that I think about it, I believe the Alesis DM6 is like that too. Not really much of a teaching tool but it is there. Your idea would work better I think with the Alesis DM6 set-up. Having it on a higher end kit like the DM10 may not be a good for sales, but it is still an interesting idea.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:08:25 AM by Hellfire »

Re: What's next?
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
I voted for new cymbal pads for purely selfish reasons. :-)

The latest trend in e-drumming seems to be making the kits look "real".  Instead, I'd love to see some compact, rubber "high-tech" looking cymbals pads that perform well and don't need to swing or look like a "real" cymbal. :)
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones