Author Topic: What kind of kick beater is best on DM10 MK2 Pro kit 8" mesh skin?  (Read 683 times)

I discover today that my right kick beater not give the correct bas sound, but the left kick beater still sound as it should. When I looked closer on the mesh skin, I discover that starting to become a small opening where the right beater hit the pads mesh skin. When I searching for others whit the same problem, I read that a beater whit filt surface not where good for the mesh skin. There becoming some friction betwin them. I should use a plastic, wood or metal surface on the beater. Then it's not friction against each other, is that the truth.
Then what is best to use to not destroying my mesh skin?

Offline Iggford

Re: What kind of kick beater is best on DM10 MK2 Pro kit 8" mesh skin?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
You can use a felt beater, but you need to put a patch on the skin first.  I started off with the plastic side of my beaters on my Strike, but I bought a patch and turned to the felt side after I was getting a bit too much rebound. 

I've since switched to the KAT Silent Strike beaters.  It's a tennis ball beater, and I've had the best results so far with them.  Again, though, patch your skin just to be safe!

--
Shawn