Author Topic: Strike Multipad 1.3 update  (Read 548 times)

Strike Multipad 1.3 update
« on: March 16, 2022, 05:58:58 PM »
Downloaded the 1.3 update file , loaded the .dat file on a FAT32 USB and followed the online instructions to a tee. The display screen lights up but is blank and will not load the update. The unit is currently running version 1.0 and I just purchased it new recently. Alesis tech support has been no help. Any support on this is appreciated.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Multipad 1.3 update
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 08:05:00 PM »
Downloaded the 1.3 update file , loaded the .dat file on a FAT32 USB and followed the online instructions to a tee. The display screen lights up but is blank and will not load the update. The unit is currently running version 1.0 and I just purchased it new recently. Alesis tech support has been no help. Any support on this is appreciated.

I presume your Multipad is still operational..

Are you seeing the update screen..?
Have you used the USB Flash Drive before and sure it's formatted correctly?(ie imported audio files)..and that the update file is in the root directory (no folder).
It should show the update screen after pressing/hold the BPM and Click buttons (located above the main encoder). while powering on..
Press the main encoder once to begin the update. The update will take approximately 5 minutes.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB FLASH DRIVE OR POWER OFF STRIKE MULTIPAD UNTIL THE UPDATE IS COMPLETE.
Doing so may damage your USB flash drive, the device or both.
The display will inform you when the update is complete.
Power off Strike MultiPad and remove the USB flash drive from the USB MEMORY port on the rear panel.

I don't know if there were any problems skipping v1.2 and jumping from v1.0 to v1.3.
None were reported here and I had no problems updating..or even downgrading.I do know some that powered down during the update and Bricked the SMP.
Majority of the Multipad users started/joined a Facebook Group so if there were problems they might be listed there though Facebook groups don't have a Database Search like this Forum.

I attached the updates to the STRIKE MULTIPAD Topic in case the downloads were ever needed and/or the product is ever removed from Alesis Database as has been the case for a number of drum kits over the past year or so.

EDIT:
After checking my Data Base and the accompanying Pdf's ALL STRIKE MULTIPAD Updates (v1.1...v1.2...v1.3) use the same procedure.

STRIKE MULTIPAD Update Installation Video

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:09:07 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 09:26:57 AM »
I have used the USB prior and it is formatted to FAT32, as per the instructions I am loading the LDST_UPD.DAT file direct to the root directory on the USB. I am following the instructions to a tee. I have also tried a second new USB and all that happens is the screen lights up when I press the power button while holding down BPM and the Click buttons and thats it. I will try the version 1.2 that you provided.
Thanks Rob

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 10:42:49 AM »
I have used the USB prior and it is formatted to FAT32, as per the instructions I am loading the LDST_UPD.DAT file direct to the root directory on the USB. I am following the instructions to a tee. I have also tried a second new USB and all that happens is the screen lights up when I press the power button while holding down BPM and the Click buttons and thats it. I will try the version 1.2 that you provided.
Thanks Rob

I added STRIKE Multipad Update v1.1 to the Topic...this completes the updates available for the STRIKE Multipad.

If v1.2 isn't recognized you could also try the very first update.
Did you use Windows to format the USB Flash Drive ?..other software ..or was it already formatted when purchased?
Other than that I can only recommend using an empty USB Flash Drive with just the update in it.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 02:36:47 AM »
I've ran into the same problem, nothing on the screen.......removed the USBstick, several formatting sessions, downloading again, no other results.
Came across some comments, to just leave the stick in for 20 minutes or so, then shut it off and restart without the stick.
Now the update worked.

I'll try to look the posts up where this is explained better ;-)

EDIT:

I believe it was in the answers to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2zSQ7AwOc
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:42:59 AM by drum_cas »
Alesis Strike Pro SE, 2x expansion (tom/2 cymbals), 2nd Strike Module, Alesis Strike Multipad, Behringer eurorack 1804x, Antd Redfire 10

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 09:05:49 AM »
I've ran into the same problem, nothing on the screen.......removed the USBstick, several formatting sessions, downloading again, no other results.
Came across some comments, to just leave the stick in for 20 minutes or so, then shut it off and restart without the stick.
Now the update worked.

I'll try to look the posts up where this is explained better ;-)

EDIT:

I believe it was in the answers to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2zSQ7AwOc

Thanks for posting that...you would think Alesis would add a video addressing the issue to their Youtube Channel..

I read in the comments...

3 days ago
I spoke with Alesis about that issue. Here is the steps that worked for me.
Insert USB flash drive.
Power on unit while holding metronome and BPM you will get the white screen.
Wait 1 minute then press main encoder.
The screen will stay white and not show anything.
Wait 5-6 minutes then power off unit and then re-start.
Unit should have new firmware 1.3.0.

So basically there's something wrong with the Factory installed Firmware and loading the Updater Screen.
The STRIKE Multipad will run without an OS/File System/Samples... all the fields/Menus etc will be empty and the functions don't work.
This is similar to what happened with the  original DM10 when you screwed up the update or tried to downgrade..you lost the Updater Screen and it was Blank....but if you timed each step sometimes you got lucky..

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:08:47 AM by Chaser »