Author Topic: ROLAND TD-07KV  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Chaser

ROLAND TD-07KV
« on: October 27, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »
TD-07KV

TD-07KV
Conveniently compact and ideal for drumming at home, the TD-07KV V-Drums kit delivers the superior expression and playability of high-end V-Drums in an affordable package. Roland’s original ultra-quiet, double-ply mesh heads feature across the snare and tom pads, while large crash and ride pads and a dedicated kick pad with realistic, satisfying pedal feel round out the kit.
The TD-07KV also lets you explore creative opportunities that go far beyond any acoustic kit, with deep editing tools to craft custom sounds, onboard Bluetooth to play along with music tracks and lessons, USB to connect with computer recording software, and much more.

Standard Features

TD-07 module with 25 preset kits, 25 user kits, and 143 instruments
    V-Edit, EQ, ambience, and 30 multi-effects offer deep editing tools to create your perfect drum kit sounds
    Snare and tom pads with Roland’s legendary double-ply, tension-adjustable mesh drumheads
    One PDX-8 8-inch snare pad with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds and three PDX-6A 6-inch single-zone tom pads
    KD-10 kick pad offers realistic rebound and beater feel while minimizing noise and vibration
    CY-8 12-inch crash and ride cymbals with choke support
    10-inch hi-hat cymbals and integrated foot pedal, with fine incremental control between open and closed positions
    Four-post drum rack stand with metal construction and sturdy clamps with strong grip
    Integrated Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream sound from smartphones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices and send MIDI data to music apps
    Advanced built-in metronome with the ability to adjust time signature, note value, and click tone
    Onboard coach function provides interactive tools to build timing skills and track progress
    USB for recording audio and MIDI data to computer music software
    Support for kit expansion with a second crash cymbal (CY-8 V-Cymbal and MDY-Standard cymbal arm sold separately)

Specifications:Kit configuration (*1)
    Kick: KD-10
    Snare: PDX-8
    Hi-hat: CY-5
    Hi-hat control pedal: Detactable for half-open stroke
    Tom: PDX-6A x 3 *2
    Crash: CY-8
    Ride: CY-8
    Drum stand: Four-post type rack stand
Drum kits
    50 (Preset: over 20)
Instruments
Effect Types
    Pad Equalizer: each pad
    Overhead Mic Simulator
    Room
    Multi-Effects: 1 system, 30 types
Coach functions (5 modes)
    Time check (easy)
    Time check (hard)
    Quiet count
    Auto up/down
    Change-up
Metronome
    Tempo (20--260)
    Rhythm type (5 types)
    Sounds (15 types)
Bluetooth
    Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
    Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
    Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
Display
    16 characters x 2 lines LCD (with backlight)
Connectors
    OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
    MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
    USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
    TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Crash 2, Ride, Hi-hat control)
USB COMPUTER
    Speed: Hi-speed USB
    Driver mode: Generic, Vender
    Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio *3
USB Audio
    Sampling Rate (original): 44.1 kHz
    Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
    Record: 2 channels
    Playback: 2 channels
Power supply
    AC adaptor (DC 12 V)
Current draw
    250 mA
Size and Weight
Dimensions
    1,230 (W) x 1,100 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
    48-3/7 (W) x 43-5/16 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches

(including sound module, kick pad, kick pedal and drum throne)
Weight
    21.7 kg / 47 lbs 14 oz

Accessories
    Setup Guide
    Owner's Manual
    Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
    AC adapter
    Special connection cable
Options (sold separately)
    Additional crash cymbal (Crash2): CY-8, MDY-Standard *4
    Personal drum monitor: PM series
    V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
    V-Drums mat: TDM series
    Noise eater: NE series

TD-07KV

Offline AlanK

Re: ROLAND TD-07KV
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
Just have to say, aside from their flagship models, all the lower end Rolands are so UGLY. :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
Just have to say, aside from their flagship models, all the lower end Rolands are so UGLY. :)

I've never noticed before but I think it's the rack toms being mounted on the vertical support versus the crossbar.
It's like this up through the TD-17. Odd design choice, the rack toms are way too high. Though I assume they can be slid down.

Everything just looks long. Look at that crash cymbal.
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 02:00:55 PM »
Yes, it's just a gawky setup, but we see this everywhere in stock photos or store sale ads, they just seem to think (whoever sets up the drums and the shot) that this is how people will be wowed, but most of us drummers look at these 7ft tall crashes or toms angled to 90deg and think wtf, are they just stupid? (although yes, I had mine kinda that way back in the early 80s!).

I bought that same rack for an Alesis kit I pieced together to jam at a friends' place, it has to be one of the worst frames I've ever used. Yes, those upper toms have to be mounted off the posts, so they can be raised or swivelled left to right but you cannot angle them unless you use an extra adapter that might give you more mobility. And also that space in between the front posts is like a foot wide, it's just a really bizarre design and I hate playing that kit when I'm over there.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers