Author Topic: DM10 + Lemon Hi Hat + EzDrummer  (Read 748 times)

DM10 + Lemon Hi Hat + EzDrummer
« on: July 03, 2023, 11:35:45 AM »
Hi guys! How are you?
My first post here. Thank you for accept me.

I have a DM10 module and recently I bought a Lemon LE-HHC12 (2 pieces HH) to use it with the module.
The big problem is that I couldn't calibrate the 'medium' values for the hi hat.
I just could calibrate full closed and full open. The hi hat doesn't work in the 'mid terms'.

I tried to use the EZDrummer to help with this. It's a little bit better now, but in general still not good because I still have just two sounds (open and closed).

Is there any way to calibrate to have the 'sounds gradient' between fully open and fully closed?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 11:38:30 AM by LWMatos »

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10 + Lemon Hi Hat + EzDrummer
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 09:51:34 PM »
Hi guys! How are you?
My first post here. Thank you for accept me.

I have a DM10 module and recently I bought a Lemon LE-HHC12 (2 pieces HH) to use it with the module.
The big problem is that I couldn't calibrate the 'medium' values for the hi hat.
I just could calibrate full closed and full open. The hi hat doesn't work in the 'mid terms'.

I tried to use the EZDrummer to help with this. It's a little bit better now, but in general still not good because I still have just two sounds (open and closed).

Is there any way to calibrate to have the 'sounds gradient' between fully open and fully closed?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the Forum !

There are 3 Models that are DM10..the Original DM10(Alesis)..the DM10 MKII Studio (Medeli DD650) and the DM10 MKII Pro (Medeli DD680).
I presume you have the Original DM10..

Hi Hat controllers are often manufactured specifically for the Brand offering it. While mixing Hi Hat controller Brands/Manufacture's will "work" with other Brands , it usually will not work well or as well as the controller that was designed for a specific module/model...which is what everyone wants.
A lot of the aftermarket Hi Hat Controllers were designed for Roland.
GoEdrum finally offered a controller specifically for Alesis a couple years or so ago , however this design is for single cymbal Hi Hat setup.

The Lemon LE-HHC12 is Dual Zone and is compared to the Roland VH-13 and the VH-13 is nearly identical to the VH-12.
If you have the Original DM10 it is Single Zone..No Edge...It can be tricked into Dual Zone Hi Hat using a MIDI Loop which you can then access the Edge Samples on the module.

Hi Hat Controllers have a different range of Resistance
The Roland range is quite a bit shorter..so for use with Alesis or Medeli modules you won't get the same open-closed transitioning..The best you'll get using the DM10 Module is using the Calibration feature..the transition from open to close and 1/2 open etc depends on the articulations/Samples/Sounds in the module..not all Hi Hat combinations in modules have a full range.
For use with software/Vst etc..there is (if available) a CC4 learn for calibrating..
EZ Drummer 3 has the CC4 Learn and an E-drum Optimized setting..(attached)

When did you purchase the Lemon Hi Hat?..New?..Used?..there was an issue with the controller and triggering between the Bow and the Edge was switching depending on Velocity of Hit.
A cable from the "Link" to the Hi Hat Output is/was bad..old cable is red..new cable is blue...the update also includes a thick washer/spacer to go on the the plunger so there may be closing issues also..or it's to help with the X-tra Tight Feature that is supported on a few Roland Modules and a VH13 would have.It's been around 6 months since the issue was discovered but I can't say for certain if all the Hi Hats out there have the Update.

How I Helped Fix Lemon's Hi-Hats | LE-HHC12

Lemon LE-HHC12 Upgrade Video

Hi Hats have always been an issue for e-Drums..even the $1,000 VH-14D..

The Roland VH-13 also had it's issues and was only supported by a few Roland Modules.

VH-13 VH-13-MG: Which sound modules are supported?

April 14, 2021 00:03 Updated

Supported sound modules include the TD-27, TD-30, TD-50 and the TD-50X.

When using this product together with sound modules aside from these, the following issues may occur.

The sound module may respond too sensitively when you operate the hi-hat pedal,making it difficult to finely control.
    A loud foot close sound may be heard, even when you only lightly press down on the pedal.
    The hi-hat itself may cause the sound module to behave in unexpected ways due to vibrations when striking the pad.

EDIT:
Fixed Incorrect Link
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 12:48:32 PM by Chaser »