Author Topic: DM10 Upgrade to 682 Drums Mesh Head Question??Worth it??  (Read 1212 times)

DM10 Upgrade to 682 Drums Mesh Head Question??Worth it??
« on: August 30, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »
Ok newbie from this forum, sorry for my bad English..
Here is my question
 :'(
1. Is 682 mesh head Upgrade worth it??
2. If I upgrade to this Mesh head to I need to Update my Drum Module to its latest Version???
3. What Kind of version I need to Install??

Thanks for Advice.
Hope Somebody can answer..
Thanks in Advance..

Offline AlanK

Re: DM10 Upgrade to 682 Drums Mesh Head Question??Worth it??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »
Do a search with the option in the dropdown menu above (not the google search) for 682 mesh and you'll find endless discussions on the topic. :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
 :) Thanks man..I will search..

Offline orion32

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
Mesh heads are definitely worth it.  You can do the 682 or if you are DIY you can do your own.  I've used two types of Prism mesh heads to convert a 8" toms from a DM10 and various size toms for another kit.  In both instances all I did was replace the crappy stock padding with high density yoga matt foam.

I did have to tweak the modules sensitivity a little but nothing to drastic.

Mesh head will save your joints from being stressed and if you are looking for a quieter sounding kit, they will do nicely.

You should update your module to the latest firmware in most instance as they will address bugs that the previous firmware has.

I haven't read any instance where a "mesh head upgrade" didn't work unless a firmware upgrade was performed
Alesis Strike Pro
A to E converted Zildjian L80 - 14" crash, 16" crash & china