Equipment > Triggers and Hardware

Alesis Strike Pro 16' Triple Zone Ride for DM10 Studio Kit - Will it WORK?

(1/1)

LukeAugustus:
Dear Experts,

My DM10 ride is not working anymore. The Bell is not longer working. Planning to get a replacement Ride.
Wanted to know if Strike Pro's ride is compatible with DM10 Studio.

Please share your valuable advice.

Thank You
Luke

Chaser:

--- Quote from: LukeAugustus on May 12, 2019, 12:03:48 PM ---Dear Experts,

My DM10 ride is not working anymore. The Bell is not longer working. Planning to get a replacement Ride.
Wanted to know if Strike Pro's ride is compatible with DM10 Studio.

Please share your valuable advice.

Thank You
Luke

--- End quote ---

You shouldn't have any problem.
This cymbal works as a triple zone w/Choke with Ride1 and Ride2 inputs running two TRS/Stereo cables from the cymbal to module Ride1 and Ride2 inputs, you get Bell,Bow,Edge triggering, and the Choke capability.

As it sits on a stand , (left output) is (A)Bell/Bow..(right output) is (B)Edge/Choke.
You can also use this cymbal as a dual trigger cymbal with a single TRS/stereo cable and 1/8"-1/4" headphone adapter or dummy plug(TRS).

If you insert TRS cable into A, the adapter/dummy plug in B,Bell and Bow triggers work separately, but you get no Edge and no Choke.
Insert Adapter/dummy plug into A,cable into B you get Edge/Choke,but no Bell or Bow.

You always need something in B,whether it's a dummy plug or a TRS cable to the module.

rhysT:
A simple way to make the bell sound available on your DM10 ride is by swapping its cables (1 & 2) at the module or cymbal which exchanges the bell and edge sounds between each others default zones.
I prefer triggering the bell sound/s on the wider edge zone and easily alternating with the bow zone.

Iggford:
Just as an extra voice on it, yes the Strike ride will work just fine with the DM10.  My original Strike ride had a dead edge, so I got a replacement.  I use the original one on my DM10 practice kit with no issues.  I don't mind the edge not triggering for the practice kit, so no loss.

--
Shawn

Dartanbeck:

--- Quote from: rhysT on May 13, 2019, 08:24:50 AM ---A simple way to make the bell sound available on your DM10 ride is by swapping its cables (1 & 2) at the module or cymbal which exchanges the bell and edge sounds between each others default zones.
I prefer triggering the bell sound/s on the wider edge zone and easily alternating with the bow zone.

--- End quote ---
Holy Cow! I have to try that! Thanks rhysT!!!

--- Quote from: Iggford on May 13, 2019, 12:58:41 PM ---Just as an extra voice on it, yes the Strike ride will work just fine with the DM10.  My original Strike ride had a dead edge, so I got a replacement.  I use the original one on my DM10 practice kit with no issues.  I don't mind the edge not triggering for the practice kit, so no loss.
--
Shawn

--- End quote ---
I wonder how maintainable those cymbals are. I'm afraid to take one of mine apart until something goes wrong... but I have a feeling that the bow piezo is fine, just a loose/disconnected wire. Should be an easy fix for a free cymbal that works as expected(?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version